Puch maxi s

Hello everyone

First of all.. my english is not the best..

I have recently bought an puch maxi s 1979 model (i think its a 1979 model). I have allot of fun driving it. Ofcourse i had to clean it and it was really necessary, it also needed a new piston and some other new stuff. I also cleaned the exhaust which had allot of coal blocking the airflow. The thing is... its got no power whatsoever, it goes about 40 km/h (24 mph) and when trying to go up hill i have to step in myself to be able to get to the top. I think the engine is a 50cc, i really dont know too much about the engine. I already read the performance tab bit it really wasnt to much of a help, hope one of y'all can help me. I gladly appreciate it!

Daniël

Edit: the picture below was before the cleaning.. still looks same cuz of the rust. (edited)

IMG-20170830-WA0009.jpeg

Re: Puch maxi s

magnus gustafsen /

Hi Daniël! First of all, does it run smoothly? Do you have all the restrictions in the airfilter, 2 corks and 1 filter. If you take the carburettor of and look in the cylinder hole, there's a chance of it's restricted also. https://www.google.dk/search?q=cylinder+med+plump&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj3j83dsfLWAhWPbFAKHSNEDocQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=637#imgrc=r-HfX4L9HEPvAM:

That's the main reasons for a Puch to lose speed uphill :)

Magnus.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Compression and timing=power. Buy a compression tester, and a timing light, to diagnose your engine.

Ha thanks for the reply!

There is no restriction in the carb.. and i still have the default air filter.. can the airfilter be such a problem? Because i tried going up a hill just now and without me on it it has allot of power and easily drives up.. but with me on it its just impossible.

Probably Fred /

Remove the junk restrictive/full of turbulence stock square airbox and get a aftermarket metal mesh performance filter, upjet as needed for correct air fuel mixture,

(if you got a 14mm bing try around 70-72 jet with 222 atomizer/needle jet, 68 ish jet with 212a atomizer, jet size maybe lower if 12mm bing or higher anyway so order a range of sizes)

Then order and install stiff kickstart clutch springs, adjust three turns in from flush for higher up shift needed on hills and take off. You may want to try a performance pipe like techo circuit too.

Make sure the ignition/magneto area is serviced, lubing the point cam on the flywheel, make sure point gap is 14-17 thousands of an inch and timing is in the specification around 17° before top dead center.

Getting a Head temperature gauge is a good tuning toool as well as keeping you from overheating and seizing due to poor tuning/jetting/wrong timing.

Doing this work/dialing in the tuning will gain you a lot more speed and take off around 35 mph but now if you have leaky gasket or thick head gasket or leaky engine seals and or other problems then you may not have much of a gain but at least you’ll be able to find/show the weaknesses/things wrong

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Remove the junk restrictive/full of turbulence stock square airbox and

> get a aftermarket metal mesh performance filter, upjet as needed for

> correct air fuel mixture,

> (if you got a 14mm bing try around 70-72 jet with 222 atomizer/needle

> jet, 68 ish jet with 212a atomizer, jet size maybe lower if 12mm bing or

> higher anyway so order a range of sizes)

> Then order and install stiff kickstart clutch springs, adjust three

> turns in from flush for higher up shift needed on hills and take off.

> You may want to try a performance pipe like techo circuit too.

>

> Make sure the ignition/magneto area is serviced, lubing the point cam on

> the flywheel, make sure point gap is 14-17 thousands of an inch and

> timing is in the specification around 17° before top dead center.

>

> Getting a Head temperature gauge is a good tuning toool as well as

> keeping you from overheating and seizing due to poor

> tuning/jetting/wrong timing.

>

> Doing this work/dialing in the tuning will gain you a lot more speed and

> take off around 35 mph but now if you have leaky gasket or thick head

> gasket or leaky engine seals and or other problems then you may not have

> much of a gain but at least you’ll be able to find/show the

> weaknesses/things wrong

Listen to Ken! He'll be your best chance at making some gains

timothy rendall /

You don't say how much mileage the bike has done ? My goto work bike did the same as yours, 35mph on the flat but going up hills was just a pain. the bigger the hill the more i had to peddle ! then two years ago it just gave up after all the thrashing i gave it :) The bike had covered 10K mile and was just about worn out! now after a full rebuild and a mild tune it's been clock at 44mph on the flat all day long . As you've just got it you really know nothing about it's history. So give it a good service, and if your still not happy go down the 'KEN' route, "HE KNOW'S ALL" ! :)

thats a kitted 44, not stock. op got stock not kitted

Hoi Daniel,

Als eerste zou ik kijken of je niet toevallig een snorfietsblok hebt (ik denk van niet)

Dan zou er een 10 mm bing carburateur op kunnen zitten, dit kun je aan de zijkant van je carburateur zien aan de nummers die erop staan.

Verder gok ik dat je zuigerveren versleten zijn, aangezien je uitlaat dicht zat zal je puch al aardig wat gelopen hebben.

De enige manier om dit te testen is met een compressietester (of je cilinder loshalen), die kosten een paar tientjes, maar bij een bromfietszaak kun je ook vragen of zij het even willen nakijken.

Voor onderdelen kun je het best bij puchshop.nl of jmpbonderdelen.nl bestellen.

Als je nog vragen hebt moet je maar een PB sturen (edited)

timothy rendall /

yep i put a DMP 50cc Barrel on it and a Tenco circuit pie and a 15mm carb.

Ha bedankt!

Ik heb de zuigerveren vervangen, nu loopt de puch beter maar nog steeds geen kracht om echt een lange weg omhoog te moeten, zelf denk ik dat de krukas gewoon bijna helemaal versleten is. Dit is natuurlijk wel een duur onderwerp ;p

Het kan zijn dat alleen je krukaskeerringen versleten zijn, dat is nog wel vrij goedkoop te vervangen. Ik kan niet zien wat voor uitlaat je hebt, maar het lijkt op een originele en die staan niet bepaald bekend om hun trekkracht. Voor een paar tientjes heb je al een betere uitlaat wat ook al scheelt met trekkracht. (Vooral op marktplaats kun je vaak wel mooi uitlaatjes voor weinig vinden)

Weet niet zeker of het een standaard uitlaat is.

20171030_111118.png

Dat is de RS uitlaat, heb ik ook jarenlang gehad. Opzich een prima uitlaatje, maar zal weinig doen om je sneller op te laten trekken.

Een biturbo, proma circuit of proma gp zijn de beste opties om een beter optrekvermogen te krijgen. Van deze uitlaatjes zijn ook goedkopere versies zoals bijv. de techno circuit te krijgen, maar dan is de kwaliteit natuurlijk ook minder.

Verder scheelt een powerfilter bijv. Ook ten opzichte van de originele luchtfilter.

Wat is de topsnelheid die je haalt met de nieuwe zuigerveertjes?

Top snelheid op een lange weg is rond de 48 km/h en het gemiddelde als ik gewoon rond rij meestal rond de 35. Optrekken gaat erg traag en moet dus ook meeduwen om echt vooruit tekomen. Ook slaat de puch af als ik bij een stop bord stop en geen gas meer geef. Waarschijnlijk ff de benzine toevoer veranderen.

Heb je al aan de stationairschroef op je carburateur gedraaid?

dat is het schroefje naast dat zwarte drukknopje. Als je deze indraait krijgt je brommer meer benzine als je geen gas heeft.

Als dit niet werkt krijgt je brommer ergens valse lucht. Dat zal dan bij je kop of voetpakking zijn of bij de keerringen in je blok.

Aaah super dankjewel!

Heb ook nieuwe pakking er op gedaan dus zal dat niet kunnen zijn.

Nee, zal waarsch alsnog je keerringen zijn. Setje kost 5.95 bij jmpb, grootste probleem is de keerring achter je koppeling, daar heb je een koppelingstrekker voor nodig

timothy rendall /

I wish we had a translation button on this site :)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account