E50 Powerdynamo + treats Reed timing?

Tobias Doesn't Care (ง •̀_•́)ง /

I'm clueless, let's get that out of the way first. How many mm btdc are most folks running with the powerdynamo? Manual says 2mm, I say no to that and did 1.8mm based on random conflicting stuff I saw but I'm still not sure. Seems too advanced still. Also my temp gauge broke so I'm kinda winging it. At least I'm like 92.8% sure I don't have air leaks so that's cool.

Re: E50 Powerdynamo + treats Reed timing?

#CrazyWane rocks # Crazy Wayne /

1.6mm if you're measuring off the piston.

It's best to have the degrees marked on the flywheel and watch it with a timing light.

You want it to be around 14/16 degrees before top dead center at 9000 RPMs.

PM me if you have questions on how to do that.

unless your running a countersunk head you probably don't have enough comp to worry about running higher ignition timing like 2mm.

magnus gustafsen /

I'm running 1,8mm on my 50cc Airsal. My buddy runs with 70cc kit and he's running 1,5mm btdc. Is the brand of the cylinder Powerdynamo? :)

Magnus.

It's just the treats hi head with the rubber o ring, standard spacing on base and no head gasket because of the o ring.

1.6mm

Okay so I had to give back the fancy timing tool so I'm back to making markings on the flywheel. So I want 16-18° I think, and treats says the powerdynamo has an OD of 104mm so I'm guessing each degree is 0.29mm (104/360), so i.d want to be around 5.2 mm btdc on the flywheel. Does that sound right? I miss the stock points and the flywheel of 360mm haha. (edited)

Keep the math simple measure it all the way around the outside with a cloth tape in millimeters take back that number.

And / 360 whatever your point blah blah is.

Multiply whatever the fraction is of a millimeter per degree by 17 and 22.

Put marks on the flywheel for17 + 22 that's how far you need to be over from TDC.

Somewhere between the 17 and the 22 is where you want to be.

I suggest starting in the center then tune the carburetor in.

Move the timing up or down only one degree at a time when you go too far the head temperature and we'll jump probably 20 degrees.

You want to be about 385 degrees to Just A Pinch under 420 degrees max temp.

No temp gauge for the moment sadly. I'm hearing 16-18°, 17-22°, I wonder why there are so many thoughts.

Timing depends on rpm and the setup, more rpm needs less timing to make power, that’s why some have a curve. More timing does not mean more power

That's why I listed the kit as well since I don't have a tach either.

The full build is treats reed, hi comp treats head, 19 pghb, Motomatic N8P, 18xWhatever is usually on an e50.

I'd rather keep it cooler than play the "maybe too advanced" game. But I appreciate the different thoughts

What’s with newbs these days

Go ask your gang

Also I love that the user with the only helpful posts in the thread gets banned. Rip

Oh piss off. So I'm not great at timing, big whoop.

You being a dick aside, it is a shame CW gets banned so often but he'll be back. He always comes back. Maybe he'll spam OT a little less next time.

I mean......

Come on Jayson, don't join in haha. I just think it's weird that their manual says 2mm, and other people agree, and then I see randos saying 1.5-1.75 but folks like Tyler B suggest 1-1.3mm. Its the conflicting info that has me guessin.

Oh my bad bb, I was referring to the latter part of yer post...

About CW.

GLWT (good luck with timing)

Oh no worries. I just question everything and then stall. Yea CW is... Just... Yea.

I had a powerdynamo once and couldn't get it to run on anything but 2mm. It would just sputter or backfire until I set it at 2mm per their recommendation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> Ryan N. Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I had a powerdynamo once and couldn't get it to run on anything but 2mm.

> It would just sputter or backfire until I set it at 2mm per their

> recommendation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yours is one of the posts I was looking at. Shit's so weird. If this wasn't a free cdi I woulda stuck with points. But those lights.... I could have like... 4 lights

(edited)

#CrazyWayne #CrazyWayneRocks /

The box it came in didn't happen to look like a trojan horse did it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account