Diaphragm carbs and pulse line placement

Terbo Speghetti /

So can my pulse/vacuum line be hooked up to a nipple on my intake that's outside the reeds? Or does this carb need the full pulse wave out of the crankcase to really do it's job?

IMG_20171009_153411253.jpg

Re: Diaphragm carbs and pulse line placement

Why don't you listen to me?

No, it's gotta be attached to the cases.

No pulse outside the reeds or outside piston shutoff on piston port.

Terbo Speghetti /

I asked why but u no answer! Now i knows

Look at goped setups for how they do it.

I used a larger butterfly diaphragm carb on my puch. Tapped a 10/32 fitting into the cyl transfer.

Then ran a barb fitting with a 1/8 tube to an intake I made that had the small pulse line drilled thru it.

Tapped into that pulse hole with another 10/32 and connected with said tube.

Worked ok.

Terbo Speghetti /

Does the pulse line not run straight into the carb? Me n00b

Take your carb apart and look where the pulse line goes.

It's responsible for pumping/metering the fuel with a diaphragm on the bottom of the carb.

Without a good pulse..no pumpy, no metering, no go

My 2 cents. Tillotsons don't work for shit unless you double pump. you can get them to work single pump if you mount the carb upside down so it's basically dumping fuel into your intake. The single pumpers just don't move enough fuel in my experience.

Get the pulse from the carter not from the intake, it is a more consistent vacuum signal

I have had luck tapping into the reed housing of the malossi reeds. Also had one Tomos/treats reed kit with the pulse feed into the side of the cylinder in front of the reeds. Both worked fine.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account