Woodruff Key Removal

So I bought this for my e50 motor

https://www.treatland.tv/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=puch-treat-clutch-super-moped&CartID=3

I asked Benji at treats about replacing the stock 2 shoe with the clutch above and that the 3 shoe OEM doesn't have a notch for the woodruff key. He said I didn't need the woodruff key. I'm pretty new to all this stuff but this is the only guide I could find.

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-a-Woodruff-Key

I'm pretty sure I have to take this thing out to get it to fit. Can anyone point me to a guide or video that helps with this?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Woodruff Key Removal

Probably Fred /

It comes out with your finger, like nothin unless you damaged it

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Their method works ok if the key is free to move. If it's tight in it's slot, i've had better luck at coming in from the end of it with a screwdriver and a hammer.

image.jpg

^^^Had to do that with quite a few crusty butt motors.

I have had better success (less ooops there goes the seal or what an excellent gouge I just put in the crank) using side cutters and grabbing the exposed portion of the key and jacking it out.

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Their method works ok if the key is free to move. If it's tight in it's

> slot, i've had better luck at coming in from the end of it with a

> screwdriver and a hammer.

> >

recently pulled one using a dremel to slice into the center with a dremel. i ground the thin cutoff wheels until the diameter was appropriate, and dove in far enough to relieve pressure from the sides.

without hitting the crank.

freshly flush ground end nippers helped heaps

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account