difference between DERBI flat reed and REVO?

Marcus Pimentel /

ok I know there are some crankcase differences, certain holes don't line up, blah blah. What about cylinders, are both interchangeable? Cranks too?

Re: difference between DERBI flat reed and REVO?

Im going to assume by revo you mean start v and not start 3 and proceed

cylinders yes.

If I'm remembering Brekke's write-up about using start v cranks in flat reeds, you need to mill the input shaft bearing saddles to accommodate larger bearings. (edited)

Cylinders work fine, crank fits with a little work. Just need to bore out the bearing saddle so you can fit a 42mm bearing in there instead of a 40mm since the crank is 20/20 and not 17/20 like a FR.

Input shaft is different as well, this is 20mm instead of the little FR one. It also has splines for the clutch bell since all that good stuff run on the back.

Uses the same splines internally for the main gear so you can run the Revo input shaft with FR main gear.

No pedal disengagement since there are no pedals. Sidecover has a kickstart.

Output shaft is far superior on the Revo as well. Uses motorcycle sprockets that you can get anywhere.

Motor mounts are the same as the new style Wold Champ flat reeds, so the swingarms work with both of those.

Old style swingarms can actually fit both styles with a little bit of work. You can use the kickstand hole as the motor mount hole for a Revo/World Champ FR.

Missing anything?

Marcus Pimentel /

Awesome dude thanks!

We have a NOPED here called BYEBIKE. its tecnigas and reiju's take on the variant. it comes with the REVO motor so I was just looking at options to make it faster than everyone else's scoots out here. MOPEDS FTW

> Marcus Pimentel Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Awesome dude thanks!

> We have a NOPED here called BYEBIKE. its tecnigas and reiju's take on

> the variant. it comes with the REVO motor so I was just looking at

> options to make it faster than everyone else's scoots out here. MOPEDS

> FTW

Stage6 clutch, Polini Variator, Metra 70, custom reedblock with big reeds and big carb and you will smoke everyone.

> Marcus Pimentel Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Awesome dude thanks!

> We have a NOPED here called BYEBIKE. its tecnigas and reiju's take on

> the variant. it comes with the REVO motor

unfortunately no it doesn't. the rieju motor is pretty different and almost nothing is a direct swap. uses a scooter crank (appears to be jog/horizontal minarelli) different clutches, different cases, different reed block (appears to be similar to tomos/peugeot/polini), and the cylinder are different to accommodate the longer con rod crank.

having said that, the one Dos has does and awesome low 40's with nothing but a big muff. definitely worth having, but not much conventional Derbi stuff swaps right over. (edited)

Can you buy those bikes in Bermuda? I’d like to get one.

Put a scooter kit on it.

Marcus Pimentel /

Yes! Cycle zone sell them

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account