Qt-50 build..need help

Hello, I want to build a qt-50..and make it fly..I.found a malossi 70 cc kit..what are my best options as far as pipe, jets, reeds,, carb, intake, .....Thank you!!!!

Re: Qt-50 build..need help

Gemco used to make a good pipe, Boyesen reedblock a plus too, but before you go crazy going fast, redo both brakes, it is just as important to be able to stop.....

brakes are important yes, but Stephen offers nothing beyond that.

Use the search function and you'll find a plethora of info on building a fast qt50. The malossi 70cc is a great cast iron kit, I highly recommend it. Do some reading on tuning and kitting your qt50 and then come back with questions. Lets get ya blasting!!!!

Jack Rutherford /

Benjamin LaPlante /

I built this back in the day. 70cc malossi, puch hi comp head. (you gotta space it properly) Vm18 carb. PW50 gears. MLM peoples pipe. I was running >50mph.

These days I think they make a head made for that cylinder. I'd also go with a phbg.

Problem with qt50's is that most stators are problematic. I couldn't find a working one.

http://garage.1977mopeds.com/build/Sleeper+QT50

Lol. Good bolt on build ... and, You're silly.

Jack Rutherford /

Stator - I've had luck swapping pw50 charge coil on to qt50 stator. made starting much easier.

qt50 upgrade progression IMO,

Preliminary - replace crankshaft bearing seals, get brakes in good working order, get temp gauge

1. upgrade carb - I like VM18 (MLM intake required and 28mm air filter) - tune carb to run with otherwise stock bike;

2. MLM exhaust - tune carb to run with new exhaust (bigger main jet will be needed);

3. Add your new top end - tune carb to run with new top end (bigger main jet again);

4. Perform proper break in for rings/cylinder

Other upgrades:

1. Add PW50 rear gear;

2. bigger tires;

3. etc,

Jack pretty much nailed the bolt on upgrades.

Jack Rutherford /

I know the Puch cylinder heads have the same bolt pattern as the qt50 head. Do any of those Puch kits work with the qt50 with or without modification?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account