A35 70cc problems

Tyler Van Wie /

Hello everyone. Been lurking for awhile but finally posting because I need help. I bought a 94 golden bullet that only sorta ran. Would start...eventually but would barely stay running. Didn't have an air filter and everything was grimy. Cleaned it up and ran the same. Bought the airsal 70cc kit, dellorto 16.16 sha carb, 70cc DMP cylinder head, spark plug, jets, and tecno estoril pipe. All installed and runs the same...what am I missing? I know it's needs tuning but won't stay running long enough to do that. Will only really stay running under full throttle. I'm attaching a link to a video of it running. Sorry it's an Instagram video...apparently I deleted the original off my phone. Thanks in advance guys.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ1CHgFgleE/

IMG_7993.JPG

Re: A35 70cc problems

Did you re-jet the carb? Sounds like you just slapped her on there, try a high 70's jet, maybe 78? That's probably a hair to high, but if it solves your problem, you can down jet from that point

Tyler Van Wie /

I did throw a higher jet on. 76 I believe

Check for air leaks carb intake head cylinder should idle even if u have the wrong main jet in

Tyler Van Wie /

I was thinking it was an air problem too. Could the intake possibly not be big enough? Will check for leaks.

This is the exact kit I got if it makes a difference. And this head.

http://www.mopeddivision.com/airsal-70cc-cylinder-kit-tomos-a35-mopeds/

http://www.mopeddivision.com/tomos-a35-puch-70cc-dmp-cylinder-head/

Sounds like you need a rebuild dawg. New bearings and seals would probably make a difference.

My money is on new seals

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My money is on new seals

+1

is your throttle opening up the carb slide fully? what happens if ya shoot extra pre mix into the carb?

sounds similar to what my morini mo2 sounded like when my ignition timing was shot. I would reccomend checking the points/condensor, and check the magnets on the magneto make sure their where they should be. My issue was that the magnets being so old had come unglued so it shifted causing the poor ignition timing.

Tyler Van Wie /

Ok - have order every gasket/seal/etc. I can find to rebuild everything as well as a flywheel puller to check points. Might look at getting rid of the points all together. Recommendations on upgrades? Looked at the za50 kit treats has but I’m not sure how it’d work on a kitted bike? Please forgive me as I know less than nothing about electronics. It’s all sorcery to me.

F Instagram, upload the video to Youtube like the rest of the world

I would upgrage to the za50 treats cdi. I use this cdi with no problems. Just narrow your problems down like this every engine needs air,gas,compression,spark to run the basic necessities.

Tyler Van Wie /

I know it has spark, compression, and carb is getting gas. Once I do the rebuild with the new gaskets I will check air.

Thoughts on this kit?

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-A3-A35-and-A55-complete-OEM-cdi-plus-many-f-p/tomos-cdi-rehab-performance.htm

I’ve run the za50 Cdi a few times on the same bike, and have fried the coils to the point of no return once. Blew a box before that. I think that Cdi you posted is worth a try, parmakit box removes the rev limit which is the main downfall of a35 cdis anyway.

Yea the treats cdi can go bad but as long as u use a resistor plug and have good grounds it should be fine. Parts for it are really cheap.

The Iskra electrical is pretty solid, I've had little to no problem with them over the years. Points are where it's at for a bike like this. You really only should get a cdi for the timing curve, racer dude status or if you need the mega bright lights... Indian designed products made in China or Taiwan, only buy if you are in dire need of a working ignition and are poor. They will usually fail at the worst time.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

kinetic's voltage regulators do cross over,

Could it be the reeds are messed up? Sounds mega-rich and is not billowing smoke, so it's probably not the seals, at least not the clutch side. If you want, you can just pull the left side cover off and see if there is any black oily liquid dripping from the seal behind the stator.

« Go to Topic — end of thread