Chain tensioner

Does anyone have a solution to the garbage stock chain tensioners on a puch? Should I just delete it?

Re: Chain tensioner

You can get rid of it but then if the drive chain stretches at all you may have a hard time getting both tight without breaking the chains....but I run one of my bikes with no pedal chain and just bump start it

Joe Peloquin /

I like the thought of still having the option to pedal like a bike. I'm for sure going to have to bump start it, no way I can pedal start this beast. But I can't have this stupid tensioner binding up and if I delete it i don't want the chain loose enough to possibly fall off while blasting

Skateboard wheel.

Joseph Peloquin Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone have a solution to the garbage stock

> chain tensioners on a puch? Should I just delete

> it?

Upload some pics baby! They make a few different kinds. I had one that I thought was junk also but I rigged it up & made it work for two years before putting on a bike i sold. (edited)

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Not sure what the issue is with yours. They work just fine on all of my puchs.

Is it bent out of alignment, or the bearings dried up in the idler sprocket, or is the spring broken?

Charles McCusker /

i got the one off treats to replace my busted original one.i had to tweak it and the chain guide a little, but once i got it dialed in, it's worked very well.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account