Qt50 vm18 malossi mlm

So I have upgraded my qt50 with malossi kit, puch hi comp reworked head from treats, mlm pipe, mlm intake, vm18, hole shot springs. Stock gears, stock reeds. B7hs oil pump deleted.

So when I start the bike, it idles at full speed...I bypassed the throttle cable splitter box so I only have the cable from the handlebars. Is this cable too short, or need to be further modified. Any chance an air leak would cause it to do this?

I have a 90 main jet and a 25 idle jet. Also, the mikuni vm 18 doesn't have a nipple for oil injection that I need to plug?.... does it? (edited)

Re: Qt50 vm18 malossi mlm

jets sounds pretty close, remove the cable from the carb completely and see if the idle is lower, if not check for leaks and have a look at your idle adjustment screw.

Matt Miller /

Okay, without the cable, it idles correctly. So what cable works, or how are you guys making the OEM cable work? It seems short on a '79. I would like to use the OEM throttle work.

Jack Rutherford /

hmm, I'm wondering if my cable is too short as well. I went with an aftermarket one from treats. I'll try it without the cable.

matt boda1nz /

You can order the correct yamaha cable from boats.net.. then you just file the end of the cable to fit the carb slide.

Good news, you can also use that filed, stock cable with a vm18 when you go that route... you'll want to

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/yamaha/Y-3L8-26311-01-00.html

Matt Miller /

Fixed it, my buddy Beau came over and showed me the way,. Grind the extra cable housing away. Maybe an inch.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account