I can't seem to get this engine dialed in and i'm not sure what I should be focusing on or what order to tune in.
Here are the specs on the engine:
- Metrakit (cast iron cylinder but aluminum head) I think 70cc
- Powerdynamo w/ timing at ~1.8mm BTDC to try and keep temps down
- 21mm PHBG, red foam/mesh air filter, main jet=82, not sure of others
- Metrakit blue baffle pipe
- 6 roller vario, right now has 2.5gr polini weights in it
- blue polini clutch springs
- gearing 20/35
I can't get this thing past 47 mph @ 7500 RPM. On the stand I can rev it to ~10,000 RPM but not under load. It doesn't feel like i'm into the pipe at all when i'm riding it. I've tried different weight combos. With heavy weights it doesn't variate fully. Plus the engine temps keep climbing into the 400's at WOT.
So what am I doing wrong here? Too much carb? Weights way off? Powerdynamo not adequate for this setup?