are they all the same

bx31 belt are they all the same does it matter which i get, looking around there a couple to choose from sounds like some might be different width on the top am i wrong? are they all the same and i can just get the cheapest one?

Re: are they all the same

In my experience, they're all different...

yep.. they run different amigo! what is your set up? (variator/pulley)?

whom weird well ill have to see what im running i got a honda nu50 and i told some people i wanted a couple more mph on my bike and they suggested using a bx31 belt but didnt say what size they all just said bx31. the belt is a little longer than my normal belt so its not stock i was shooting for, but this is a common mod people do to there nu50s for a easy speed increase on the top speed. so i guess i should see what size there using.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Measure your stock belt, and see if it's within spec, with the manual. Was there a lot of belt dust behind the belt cover? If not, it might not be worn out. Are your pulleys rust free? Rusty pulleys will wear out a belt fast.

Have you read the fucking manual yet

What's a manual???? Just make 47 posts about the same 21 questions... For real dude read. I'm a noob and get it. But come on....

I bet next yr this will be in the basement and done moved on.

Jack Rutherford /

I keep several manuals next to my bed for light reading. Some day I'll write my own manual for one of these things. It will hopefully be much more in depth.

Anyhow - el manual

http://qt50.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/nu50manual.pdf

Print it out and keep it on your nightstand. Print another out and keep it in your bathroom. Maybe a third for el garage!

i got a manual im not asking about a stock belt though, im not saying mines worn out either. just got a suggestion from some people to upgrade to a bx31 belt for a little extra speed my manual dosent speak of the bx31 because thats not a stock belt the closet belt that come close to my stock belt is the ax31. but my question was about the bx31 alot of people get it for there nu50 for a simple speed mod. i was simply asking which one they get didnt know if they were all the same. the manual is great for learning but i wont learn which bx31 belt t get from it, does anyone know which one people are talking about for there nu50s i think it might be a gates bx31.

Its a Gates BX31, 16mm wide. Treats sells them just search "NU50".

cool i thought so just wanted to double check, thanks man

You can also take half the weights out of the clutch.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account