Re: Puch 3 shoe clutch

mat ryall /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hi, thanks for all the replies.

Some more details: I have an Airsail 65cc kit (from the puchshop.de, I am in the uk), 15mm carb with no78 jet, techno boss exhaust. Am I in the right ball park in terms of jet size?

I have read Ken's article on timing and have it set up at 17mm btdc, had to dremmell the slots as suggested. I've checked with timing light and I'm spot on here.

The clutch is original, as fitted, 3 shoes and they look like they have plenty of meat on them. All I've done is change the springs to blue. I have bought a reinforcement plate but not yet fitted. Don't think I'm quite there yet.

I've had a look at all the articles on clutch tuning including the chart that's kicking about.

Apologise if I'm asking the same questions as previous posters. As I said I'm pretty new to these mopeds! Feel like I'm going round in circles changing too many variables at one and need a bit of help dialling into a ballpark set up for this bike.

To be fair I don't know exactly where I am with speed as I have no speedo fitted but speed feels good on the flat, can keep up with traffic around town, just hills I'm having problems with.

Thanks again, guys, any help is appreciated.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account