Anyone running a MLM Peugeot 103 people's sidebleed pipe?

Todd Keingeshaft /

Is anyone running a MLM peugeot 103 people's sidebleed pipe?

If so, can you post your experience with it? Are you using with a 50cc or 70cc kit?? How was the installation? Did it mount up ok? Lastly, if anyone can post a pic showing a closeup of the rear mounting, that would be great!

I did search, but didn't come up with much...just a low-res pic, and not much of a review...

Thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone running a MLM Peugeot 103 people's sidebleed pipe?

I am, ported stock cyl, 14mm carb, mbk cdi

It works well, got tired of welding my simonini pipe ever week or so.

The simonini felt more powerful, but the quality on the mlm pipe is top notch

No exhaust related failures for two years now!

(Excuse the wires, was diagnosing a persistent issue with my cdi, it's much better now)

image.jpg

Todd Keingeshaft /

Thanks!

Great pic...thats exactly what I was hoping for!

Any issues with the installation, or was it bolt-on and go?

How is the ground clearance? How is the top end compared to the Simonini?

Chloe Feldman /

Bumpity bump!

Cmon, I know more of y'all gotta be running one.

What's the word?

Conservative ported stock cylinder rippin?

Or can it fly on a big boy kit?

Looks a tad small n low end-y compared to the Doppler n such.

Build quality looks dank as fuck however.

Thanks

Xoxo

Ilia Edouardovich /

As much as I wish my Simonini was quieter, I could still never swap it out for the sidebleed. The design and powerband are great. The only flaws are the weak welds at the baffle and that the header flange connection should be cleaned up and tapered with a dremel type tool to prevent oil splooging as seen with ball joint pipes. Also, in my opinion, when installed the pipe is better centered than the MLM, therefore, it puts less stress on the motor mount. Hats off to the crew at MLM for all the rad stuff that they pump out, but in this case I decided to stick with Simonini.

I'll get around to posting pics of my reinforced pipe sometime this week. I was lucky enough to get reinforcement guidance and help from my welding instructor as well as a local Creature. The final product has been ripping hard for many miles and should continue to stay intact.

Ilia Edouardovich /

As promised months ago, photos should be attached. The birth of my baby girl delayed my return to wrenching.

The bottom V-style brace was welded up by one of the Creatures. I believe that he TIG welded it (I wasn't there). The top piece was later done with a MIG. I did the exact same to a second pipe and used a MIG for both the top and bottom supports.

IMG_9266.JPG
IMG_9265.JPG
IMG_9264.JPG

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account