Maxi exhaust suggestions

Hi everyone,

I am looking into new exhausts for my Maxi and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

I'm currently running a 77 Maxi, 1.5 HP e50, 14mm bing (70 jet), 14mm intake, hi flow air filter and stock cigar exhaust. I'm just looking for a solid exhaust that will help me get a few more mph out of what I have now. Thanks.

Re: Maxi exhaust suggestions

not a biturbo.

Haha alright. I'll note that down.

Any positive suggestions?

Biturbo will easily add 5 mph. just upjet at the same time. Your exhaust will be louder. Check with your neighbors first.

Probably Fred /

Tecno circuit upjet to 72

How is the volume on the tecno circuit?

Justin Smith Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How is the volume on the tecno circuit?

About 2 liters

Sorry, I meant sound. How loud is it?

Louder than a biturbo.

Probably Fred /

Tecno is Not as loud as a proma circuit but loud pipes saves lives because the person will know your next to them and won't make a right turn into you or run you off the road !

No one says nothin to a Harley Davidson rider and their bikes shake Windows/whole house.

Being a wuss with a ultraquiet bike will just get you run over by a dumb Cager!

So I bought my wife's bike with a biturbo with stock intake and everything else and it was pretty damn loud. Then we went to an estoril with a one of those highflow filters for bings which was quieter. Now she has an estoril with 17mm bing and a foam high flow filter which is louder (not louder than the biturbo) than a bike I just got all stock, but a circuit then I added a high flow filter. So what I'm saying is your intake setup can cause more noise than you'd expect.

Proma GP

I have love for the estoril.

THE JAMMY PIPE!

Seconding the Estoril. Great pipe.

timothy rendall /

Tecno circuit pipe ! (ken knows all)

I got one for my 80yr old dads maxi and its not that loud !

Its got a Moto x type of sound. Which i think suits the bike :)

the proma circuit is super loud, but that is a plus for not getting run over

circuits rip. and are cheap.

Justin Gossett /

Boss

mit mortso Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> circuits rip. and are cheap.

noise to speed ratio on the proma circuits is very high. Seems like a plus to me, people hear me coming from a couple blocks away.

only two things I don't like are that little clip on the front and they rust real bad. Gotta coat it and cut that nib off, I hate having to pull the pipe just to get the head off, not sure you need that safety feature, my exhaust nuts have never backed out even a little bit, maybe if you rode for a really long time.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account