Re: Honda Hobbit 70cc kit

Well, base stock, sure.

Dayton Bourassa /

okay, so I have a 10... When I end up ordering a 70 kit in the inter time to start my build, I read that it would be in my best interest to feed the kit by getting a different carb. My question is for those who have done this, between a 19, 20, 21 etc.... which is desired and what luck have you guys had with them?

Any one of those will support the cylinder fine. I am very partial to Mikuni and would steer you to the VM18. I also recall seeing more information regarding successful builds that give setup info using Mikuni, and more issues with tuning and phantom problems (that may or may not be the carb) have a PHBG. Seems that thing can just mystify people. I may possibly be noticing it that way due to my tendancy to focus more on things I favor but that is just my observation.

If it were easier to get a hold of a 12mm stock carb I would tell you to do that. It won't cost too much, would do just fine until you can drop a wad of money on better parts and there is a compendium of knowledge about builds using it. But, because that is going to involve buying a used part you can not always guarantee availability.

Dayton Bourassa /

Okay, that was actually very helpful because I know someone who was on the factory race team for Ski-Doo snowmobiles way back and all they had were the Mikunis, and he thought very highly of them. Like you said Mikuni has an 18mm which would be a great step up from what I have to feed my 20cc over, I also notice they have a 22mm which they are sold out of. Must be a popular buy?

Dayton Bourassa /

Along with this thread, when the 70 kit is done it will also be piped. I have seen a lot of positive reading on the proma circuit pipe. Good size expansion chamber and all around good gains. The WSL is $20 cheaper, and is just about identical looking. Anyone running these or read how these pipes are?

Same but even cheaper build quality and different tone.

The Proma on the DR kit is really loud, wraapping it made it a little better.

They are both loud. I said tone not volume.

This thing is still happening?

Charles Cole (OFMC) /

I have a DR & a Polini, which looks very similar. Are there any any major problems with the Polini like deck spacing or port timing that would cause any issues over the DR? Just curious.

Ryan - are you saying that the stock PA-II carb will be okay with the DR kit? Upjet? Not looking for a real ripper - just keep up with traffic....

Yes, and yea jet the carb. It'll still be a ripper.

Thanks, man. What size jet? 90?

92-95 generally

Jack Rutherford /

Damn, made it to the end and I don't think it ever happened. Still a lot of good info but shit or, you know, get off the damn pot.(edited)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account