need help

terry morgan /

heres my situation..as you will tell..i am only so knowlegeable about all of this..i am learning though..i have an 09 tomos streetmate R..i was looking for speed so I went the simple route everyone was suggesting on these threads..my choices were.. mlm pipe..mesh filter,22 tooth sprocket..got me to 39-41mph..of course I wanted more..so I just put on the arisol kit with a 18 mm mikuna carb with the matching intake..and I must say..after breaking the new kit in..it got much faster..i just hit 48mph..and i'm 210lbs...my son is lighter than me..and his phone gps just said his top speed was 50..that is quite fast enough for me..but after 2nd day of riding..the transmission started revving really high before switching to 2nd gear..sometimes not wanting to switch at all..felt like it was slipping just a bit before it wanted to kick in..is this normal after going with a different set up like I've done?..is there something I can do to correct this.. thanks for any suggestions in advance

Re: need help

Probably Fred /

Sounds like you wasted the clutch lining do to power increase and hi gearing

Time to recork you clutches

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account