Re: sachs clutch 3 pack

skinee puppy /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

so me and my friend at the trans shop did a little tuning to the assembly and it made a huge difference over all.

this is what we did:

1. took the clutch spline thing and doughnut bearing, sanded and polished both ends of them using i file first to plane it flat then very fine grit sand paper to smooth(500 grit).

2. opened up the center hole a marginal amount not allot just about a 1 mm this was to add more lubrication for these rotating parts and prevent binding

3. filled the teeth of the spline cog just enough to let the pates slide a little better. its really good to file some and check on one of the plates until its nice and smooth. the plates have a tendency to "chatter" up and down and it makes engagement sloppy

4 smoothed with sand paper all the plates then bead blasted all of them to give a bit more bite when they engage the clutch disks.

5. put back together and set pre-load

things i noticed the engagement of the clutch packs are so smooth and there is no noise associated with them engaging. the bike pull much better at take off but is a bit more sluggish at mid range. however at high rpm's this things rips way better cause they are not slipping anymore so i picked up 2 mph on the top end. all together very happy with it so far now i can see if it will hold up to more power

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account