Black Swans and...

...Wormhole Wizards.

More to come!

Re: Black Swans and...

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Thats sweet, with that much air coolage can you even overheat?, im sure you can, but with a setup like that how does it compare to water cooled?

Dirty30 Dillon /

The real question is, what's it going on...

Oh, its going on an A55.... well, some of an a55. There's a scooter variator and Doppler pipe involved.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I definitely foresee a swangin tomos...

๐ŸŒตา‰๐Ÿ„ ๐ŸŒตา‰๐Ÿ„ /

Cool.

Never said the bike was a Tomos....

I hope to see this next weekend. What's that other heat sink for?

What alloy is that made from?

Dirty30 Dillon /

Max Johnson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never said the bike was a Tomos....

Neither did I...

Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Max Johnson Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Never said the bike was a Tomos....

>

>

> Neither did I...

I didn't either...

Dirty30 Dillon /

Yeah

MAX ASSUMES... he makes banging scrambled eggs BUT IS AN ASSUMERRRRRR

Don't forget waffle fries, and hot dog squids. And that's just what I could pull off on 0 notice in the middle of a field.

I must have misunderstood the term 'Swangin'

Hotdog squids 2015

herolini with wings?

And that's just the start of it. Those ports were a Bastard to do without a right angle handpiece. But it's done, made up the reed riser and made a stuffer for the reeds last night.

I just need to machine the variator today, fix the Hero ignition I'm using, get the cases back from welding and open them up all the way, Reupholster the seat in leather, and mount the front brake caliper...

So the head will cool down well, but you won't get any air flow over the cylinder. I would say you're going to have heat problems with it unless you run a fan blowing on the cylinder.

Have any more pics of that reed setup?

Will the a55 swing moby style?

Eric: I might have to drill some holes in the fins. I'm hoping that the turbulence will help pull hot air away. Plus, the cylinder head is where most heat ends up anyways. That head was designed for motobecanes, and I'm pretty certain that even Blocked Hero fins will cool better than an AV7's puny little fins.

Ben: Yep, basically cut down the A55 cases to something Resembling AV7 cases. Easier than it looked, really.

I'll have more pics tonight. Needs to be done for the Uglies Rally next week.

Still haven't told us what the other heat sink is for

god damn that is one bad ass hero. I hate that stupid 3 bolt intake.

tilly, thats gonna make this build sooo much easier to tune. more pics of the vario plz, i want to try this.

Variator is getting welded up tomorrow. It's practically bolt and Go, just a $20 GY6 variator with the steel fixed sheave. It gets centered, and then welded to the Tomos clutch hub.

Was going to put a bronze bushing in there as a clutch function, but if I set up my gas strut right, it won't need it.

I just got the cases made up and everything ready to assemble and... The Kstar piston is wicked short.

Shit. I have almost 4mm of deck height above the crown at the edge.

Well fuck... Okay, lets get out the degree wheel, maybe I can get it machined in time for the rally, the engine building shop near here is affordable, as long as my timings aren't gonna be royally wrong.

I had to doublecheck my results. It needs to be decked like crazy and the port floors Lowered, but the degree wheel tells me it's going to have an exhaust duration of 190*, and the transfers/boosters are 130 deg duration. On massive ass ports. On a Doppler pipe.

I think I may have created a monster.

Kinda weird moped parts of the same stroke and same use for the cylinders but I know I am missing something. The piston must go down way beyond transfers and exhaust. You can turn or mill of the bottom (base) of the cylinder too but I guess that might mess with your intake. Some Yamaha pistons are high above the wrist pin

Ports come out more or less fine, and besides, that port time area is minimal near the floor of the ports, and easily corrected.

I'm getting it decked today. Next time, I'll just get a new cylinder, but for this build, I wanted something Special.

4mm, that's a lot.

Minarelli V1/V1L pistons have the wrist pin on the lower side. I have a brand new 47.6mm single ring V1L Athena piston if you wanna use it...you'll have to bore the cylinder, but that'll be cooler than taking 4mm off of it. Plus, more power.

I have all the measurements somewhere at home. I can send them to you if you want.

Already been bored and cleaned up, its at the machine shop now getting decked. And it Is a lot, but stock timings are 130 exhaust, 100 transfer. Fine for a single speed, but variators and Doppler pipes like their blowdown.

Plus, I'm on reeds. Should be fine. What's the event timing on a Gila kit, anyways?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account