Minarelli v1 with polini loss of power

I recently got the polini kit for my minarelli v1 and when I first installed it I had super low end and nice powerband. But now it's lost a lot of power and the powerband don't hit as hard. I'm not seeing any air leaks.... I'm also running stock on everything else but some crappie 2 pieces pipe. If you have any suggestions on what I should try let me know thanks.

Re: Minarelli v1 with polini loss of power

Probably Fred /

Maybe a minor seize/overheat scoring.

Do a compression test and or take apart the top and look at bottom of piston/cylinder it don't take long.

Travis Howard /

The kit had a very small soft seize when I got it. But it didn't look bad at all just the piston had a small amount of damage. I'll take it apart tomorrow and see if it got worse.

Travis,

It might be helpful to check your points, replace the plug, clean the carb. Simple things like that. Maybe it needs a new ring, but that kit was running great when I took it off the bike and mailed it to you :)

Travis Howard /

ill check them tomorrow as well. It hasn't broke down. the bike been running good just lost a little power and would like it back!

Travis Howard /

ryan i got another question sense you have minarelli bikes... whats the best way to set the timing on this bike and how could i set up a 12v light system on the minarelli?

Set the points same way you would with any other bike. Use a timing light.

If you have cev then use pietcard 12v light coil or use another ignition coil.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

on bosch setups you can use a derbi motoplat 12v ignition coil

Travis Howard /

I got the cev

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account