yamaha exhaust restriction

anyway to de-restrict a qt50 pipe? ive seen people cut open stock Honda express mufflers and drill holes in them and what not, can you do the same for a qt50 exhaust? anyone ever tried? I know I can buy an mlm or jemco but I would really like to keep it all sleeper and quite

Re: yamaha exhaust restriction

Yeah or a cheap biturbo weld job works. Pretty silent comparably.

Steve Vitale /

have you done it? whats the insides look like? two chambers and the header pipe goes into the rear chamber and the muffler pipe goes into the front chamber? im assuming lol

the stock pipes are fine as is....except they get clogged with carbon.

Steve Vitale /

so burn it in a fire? lol, and im yt60 now so I wanted to let it breath more bc It would NOT run past 25 with the OEM 92 jet, had to go all the way down too an 82.5. can I just toast it until it glows with the oxy torch? I don't really have access to a fire pit as I live in the city lol.

Just get rid of the stock exhaust man!

If you decide to keep it though, don't ask why your bike feels sluggish with 10 new threads.

Steve Vitale /

its not sluggish! its a monster! lol it rips hard and I got 41mph on my own gps and 38mph on a police speed sign. the only thing is it always sputters at top speed. it never revs all the way out, it just gets too ABOUT 40 and pupupupupupupupupupupupu all the way down the road lol, and I cant go any lower on the jetting, its a very light brown, border-line lean color haha. other than that low end power is nasty, smokes all my friends bikes off the line. I just wanted to eliminate that sputter on top end.

Then buy a pipe for better top end. Your rpms will hit a wall with a stock pipe.

yeah stock towny + airbox mods + upjet == +40 mph.

Cut the little tail at the back off and use a steep drill bit to make the hole bigger, a little at first then ride you can always drill it out more but you cant take it back if you go to much with out welding. A real pipe is well worth the $$$.

Steve Vitale /

lol ill try that, and the bike was 100 bucks. im not spending DOUBLE that on a fuckin exhaust

How did you do you yt top end? Did you just take the piston, cylinder, head and bolt it right on, or did you get a new piston and hone the cylinder? Im totally down with sleeper mode!

I burned two of mine out and I had to shake the living piss out of the to get all the little pieces out, It worked ok but I have one stock exhaust that I can blow through that is really clear and after burning the other two out they were still more restricted then the clear pipe I got.

http://www.treatland.tv/exhaust-chamber-p/chamber-black-28mm.htm

Cut the section where it mounts and bend the "tab" parts inward to fit the smaller od header. Then weld up. It's so cheap, a third of the cost of the bike.

Steve Vitale /

the guy I got it from had it rebored and a new piston and rings as well

Steve Vitale /

yeah but then its "modded" rn no one can tell, it just looks stock lol, honestly id rather buy a NEW stock pipe than buy that, or a stock yt60 pipe even

the MLM pipe is not a good match with a MJ50. yeah i gained like 4mph on the topend, but the pipe has no lowend. 0-5mph is painfully slow

I agree with full tuck. I am running a niche 60cc with mlm, 97.5 jet 64:1 saber oil, bph8hs.

It is running rich at idle but hits the band at 15ish and rockets to 41ish. No bog at wot but no legs up hills from dead stop! I mean small inclines. It was really hot with a 95 jet. Can I run saber 100:1 to lean out the idle?

Just turn in the idle screw or get a smaller piolot jet. don't mess with the oil ratio, it's not the problem. Stiffer clutch springs is the answer for lack of low end. Get it revved up before it engages instead of engaging right away.

Thanks. Time to do some research.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account