qt50/yt60 help

recently put a yt60 cylinder on my qt50

here are the specs

OEM used yt60 cylinder with low miles rebored and cross hatched

NEW oem Yamaha piston and rings

new piston clips and gaskets (also oem from Yamaha)

oem yt60 main jet (92.5)

brand new unipod filter

needle set too the second from leanest position, (stock setting)

180psi of compression

starts first try everytry

runs GREAT! idles smooth, great power

only thing is, runs too rich, it will sputter at 30mph, no uni-pod it"ll do 40mph, but I wanna keep a filter on it

what have other people ran as far as jetting and filtration?

I have no issues with the way it runs, I just don't wanna drive it open carb, I guess ill go down too a 90 jet? and try that with the uni-pod? idk

I thought the stock yt60 came with a 92.5 and the same vm12 carb, why would it need smaller jetting? little confused but oh well

Re: qt50/yt60 help

Steve Vitale /

also its running a stock exhaust, that could be part of the too rich problem

Adjust the needle.

Also, stop making new threads. Bump your last one since it's still on the first page.

Ben Whittle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Adjust the needle.

Steve Vitale /

true, thanks, its at second leanest setting, ill try the leanest and if not ill go buy a smaller jet thanks

Steve Vitale /

what have other people ran as far as jetting with a stock yt60 setup?

Steve Vitale /

too anyone else who needs help with this. the standard jet is a 92.5 but this is too rich for a filter, if you wish to run a unipod or OEM airbox the jet you should be running is an 85 for maximum performance, courteous of Yamaha service bulliton

Steve Vitale /

got too tuning today, MY best results were 82.5main jet, stock 40 pilot, needle set too the second from highest notch, and I gps'd 42mph, stock everything except the yt60 cylinder kit and main jet and unipod filter. next step is pw50 gears. ;)

Let me know where you find any decently priced pw50 gears, the ones listed on ebay are over $100. I can't find them anywhere else.

Steve Vitale /

I havnt tried looking yet, just posted on here in the buy/sell section

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account