Re: 1982 urban express 150cc gy6 swap???

not only do i approve of this and love what youve done, im also laughing at your "custom intake" that makes your carb dangle from a chain.

c'mon guys! youre almost there! finish that bike RIGHT!

Lol there is no where else to put it. the chain isn't 100% needed but its for good measure since the carb hangs out and looks like a angler fish lol, if the road is bumpy may knock it down more so the chain helps keep it from moving maybe?

Double Trouble Dan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We couldn't

> even film it at speed because it blew by so fast.

lol whatever dude

> It sure beats spending a grand on a 50cc ped to

> have it go 50 and having it seize because the

> timing was off a couple degrees.

yr on the wrong website

Yeah I want to go into a classic muscle car forum and tell them how I spent 1/3 of the money on a civic that goes just as fast and gets me to work for less. It goes over so well.

Double Trouble Dan /

alex . Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Double Trouble Dan Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> >

>

>

> > It sure beats spending a grand on a 50cc ped to

> > have it go 50 and having it seize because the

> > timing was off a couple degrees.

>

> yr on the wrong website

Alex , not at all. I have plenty of stock and modded peds and it becomes a point of no return.

I joined the site to help others fix and maintain classic frame bikes and i do a fair share of it. I love the sport

I have also spent spent a small fortune and not been satisfied with some of the 60-70c kits.

What is the difference between a modded Japanese qt-50, fa-50, or a Chinese 4 stroke on an express. Its still a bunch of work to make it run and ride correctly.

Its not the dreaded scooter.

No different than you putting a vespa kit on a India made kinetic.

Dave found a way to make a classic frame bike reliable, fast , and safe without spending thousands.

To me its good innovative engineering.

This is exactly what this site needs.

Hey David, I know that this post is over a year old lol, but how did you install the 150 into there? Does it just bolt up with the standard 150 mount or the NU50 mount or did you have to fab something?

I know that this post is over a year old lol, but how did you install the 150 into there? Does it just bolt up with the standard 150 mount or the NU50 mount or did you have to fab something?

Dans got the idea. Its all about fun and doing something different

FOR YOURSELF.

This forum has some of the worst attitudes ive ever seen in a forum

Snarky comments, incorrect measurments etc.

Need more dans and real cool kats on here

It bolted right up just gotta figure in the rest of the junk

Hey there. Do you remember the engine code to the gy6? Im trying to tackle this idea too. Just wanna make sure i get the correct gy6 motor

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account