Amsoil synthetic ATF in a morini m1stock clutch?

I've read a bunch of threads about only using the manufacturers specs on trans fluid...the manual says in caps "DO NOT USE TRANSMISSION FLUID"

Any one ignore all this and try?

I have a quart of the amsoil super shift synthetic trans fluid next to me right now...but...I'm a little reprehensive about using it...I'll put in the magnum but I'm just not sure about this

Re: Amsoil synthetic ATF in a morini m1stock clutch?

the ktm stuff does work.. i would go on to the ktm forum and start reading about the oil they use in single speed wet clutch engine, imo.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I've heard the non-detergent bikes like the Minarelli/Morini engines require the SAE 30 non detergent.

But Dibble runs 10w30 synth for moto wet clutch and loves it. I feel like ATF my be too grabby tho once it sheds the fluid on the pads.

Thanks!....I'll look for ktm forums...guess what I'm wondering is will there be adverse effects to the clutch material or internals if I run this stuff...if not I'm going to toss it in and give it a whirl.

Just experimenting with different springs and fluids...but I don't want to ruin my pads.

I'm hoping that they don't want you to use ATF because a stock 50cc needs the slip with low rpm engaging springs.

But with say the blues...slipping to 5k and a pipe that pulls at 3.5-4k...maybe the ATF would have a little more grip while it slips...getting me moving faster rather than slipping past the start of the powerband...my thoughts at least.

Austin's springs were right on...I have them but im curious :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account