Best carb for a "stock" tomos A35

Hi,

I have a tomos targa lx that I am looking to get the most out of without kitting it. I am set on keeping it at 50cc or under.

I currently have a boss tecno exhaust as my only real performance upgrade.

It has the stock sha 14-16 dellorto carb with a 58 main jet. I'm a little confused by the carb/intake size though. If I go too large in diameter on a stock set up that will decrease performance right?

What is the ideal carb/intake/reeds/filter setup on an A35 with a performance exhaust that is not kitted?

Re: Best carb for a "stock" tomos A35

The stock carb is 14.12 not 14.16. The stock carb is just fine, and if you want a small bump a 14.14 because the 14.12 restricts down to 12mm at the choke opening.

A simple pipe is not limited by your stock carb.

Ah, youre right!

I've been hearing many other carbs allow for much more fine tuning. Does the extra tuning only make a difference on a kitted bike?

Keep the 14.12, maybe ad a pipe then up jet, mean while check basics, tire pressure/alignment in frame, wheel bearings , chain tension, timing, things like that cost little or nothing but add performance.

15.15 is just great. i had a tecno circuit on mine and it was fun as hell.

The fine tuning comes into play because as you take your bike farther and farther from stock it becomes difficult to get the SHA to have the right mixture EVERYWHERE. Most end up with the main jet so rich that the idle is garbage and mid range chokes. On a stock bike or lightly modified it really isn't an issue. Bump the jet up and blast. It will still run with stock like smoothness.

Robert Phipps /

What does the sizes mean on the carbs is the mm for the size of the breather can someone help me

15.15 sha click choke, thats the best carb

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account