Hooking up a trail tech vapor to a A35

Is it possible to hook up the tach wire to an A35? Probably a dumb question but I can't find any info about and and I'm not really understanding "wiring to the coil" since I've heard things about wrapping wires. I'm also not sure if it goes to the actually coil wiring or the thinner wires coming out of the CDI box.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Re: Hooking up a trail tech vapor to a A35

The vapor is capable of Reding ignition pulse fltwo ways, either directly by being tapped into the wire leading from the cdi to the coil, or inductively vby wrapping the wire around the spark plug lead. Some people have issues with wrapping due to interference and some have issues directly. I like the direct option and that's how my bike is run.

I have tried both ways and get far better results from wrapping the spark plug wire. I thought hooking it direct would be best, but got a lot of interference that way that causes false readings. Add a small resisted to that wire also - 500 ohms. That will help settle down irratic readings.

Did mine by wrapping the plug wire as well, works as advertised

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account