Aftermarket Peugeot crank recommendations?

I will be in the market for an aftermarket Peugeot 103 crank soon. I need something that will boost my compression (currently at 90psi). Something I can run stock 2 coil ignition on. My current speed on a flat surface is 58-60mph. What are you super speed racers running?

Re: Aftermarket Peugeot crank recommendations?

A new crank wont boost your compression.

It may lower the crankcase volume and give you higher primary compression. That can be good or bad for your setup.

deck yer head...free and easy

Alex Degnes Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A new crank wont boost your compression.

having said that. Doppler endurance.

Don't get an Artek unless you want to run a die over the threads so you can actually thread a nut onto it.

Jarod V. Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Don't get an Artek unless you want to run a die

> over the threads so you can actually thread a nut

> onto it.

I have purchased 3 Artek K1 (2Moby, 1Pug) and every single one of those were perfect and beautiful. They all 3 were pushed 10k rpms or more. The one on my Pug is well over 4k miles.

I use the Doppler nut though so maybe that makes a difference.

Why are you even asking if you've built a 60mph bike? What's wrong with the current crank?

Sometimes you get bored with not working on a bike! but I have found some other ways to improve performance since posting

Mikey Antonakakis /

I've got the Artek K1 and have 500 miles at 10k RPM with no issues. Never had a problem with threads or anything. It's pretty too!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account