Question about clamp style PHBGs

I'm planning on getting a 19mm PHBG for my minarelli. I'm using a cut stock exhaust pipe as an intake so I'm wondering what the inner diameter of the clamp end is.

Re: Question about clamp style PHBGs

Overpriced Parts /

Get a spigot then not a clamp phbg

Yeah, I'm not opposed to that I'd just rather have the clamp if it's not too much of a hassle.

The OD of the stock intake is too small for a clamp PHBG

NEMA Victor (3 Knees Down) /

PHBG clamps are 23mm ID with shims. You can go as low as 20mm ID with a shim inside of the stock shim or as wide as 26mm without shims.

Treats has shims https://www.treatland.tv/SearchResults.asp?Search=dellorto+clamp+phbg+shim

Cool, thanks victor!

the exhaust-turned-intake wont be round enough to make a good seal with the clamp-style. Intakes for clamp carbs are typically cast and machined or have beefy tube stock welded to the end.

For what it's worth, the exhaust-intake works but it's kinda flimsy. The steel is much thinner then a normal intake and they have problems with cracking. I'd use it in a pinch but I wouldn't choose a carb based on that being your long-term intake.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm going to run it and if it break I'll get/make a real intake. But that's a good point about choosing the carb. Maybe I will just go with the spigot mount..

why wouldn't you?

Overpriced Parts /

I never a broke a puch exhaust header used as a intake but I didn't leave it real long either.

they don't break so bad with some rubber coupler in there but clamped on puts a lot of moment on it.

this is a good intake, its cheap and it mounts the carb in a good place, not in the way and not hanging out in space. if you're gonna spend 100 some bucks on a carb, might as well spend 25 and get a nice intake that isn't dumb.

https://www.treatland.tv/garelli-NOI-minarelli-polini-PHBG-intake-p/minarelli-polini-19mm-intake.htm

i'm buying another one to put on my puch i liked it so much.

I was going to buy that intake until I read the review saying it wont fit a lazer, which is what I have.

Honestly, the only reason I don't want the spigot style is because I don't like the janky look of the rubber coupler. But it's really not that big of a deal, would just prefer the clamp on.

Spigot mounts isolate vibrations, which provides more accurate fuel metering

joe mad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Honestly, the only reason I don't want the spigot

> style is because I don't like the janky look of

> the rubber coupler.

Which would be a great reason if spigot-style wasn't so much better.

bought the spigot mount.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account