Restricted WOT

70cc K-star, E50,Tecno Circuit,15 bing, stock points which arc. So when I try to go WOT my moped seems to make a weird electrical noise(if that makes any sense) its like their is a rev limiter in the electrical system. I believe it could be the the arcing points. Thing is, is that I changed the condensor but it still keeps arcing( my soldering for it wasn't really good but the wires make contact) Maybe changing the points will help? When i Let go a bit from WOT it runs faster and smoother, I'm almost positive its not jetting. I know the sound of being to rich at WOT really well. The sound seems to be an electrical problem. I've also changed the ignition coil. Any leads/ suggestions would be much appreciated.

Re: Restricted WOT

Bad condenser if your points are arcing. Replace it and see if it gets better.

sookia sookia /

how and where did you install the condenser

Salsa Valentina /

Installed the condenser on the stator plate and hammered it on with a socket on top

18 mm socket for cev condenser works.

sookia sookia /

hmmmm.....maybe it got damaged when you put it in, or it's not grounding out right?

Try splicing one from autozone onto the blue wire coming out of ur ignition coil, you don't even have to remove or unplug the one you installed.

Points always arc a bit, don't get thrown off by that. If they are arching because of a bad condenser it'll look like a friggin fireworks display on your stator. You can always disconnect your condenser to see what it looks like. That said, you can ruin a condenser by overheating it during the soldering process, which is why I prefer to run an external condenser.

I always buy the screw type condensers and crimp on eye-hole connectors. Makes changing out way easier without soldering.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account