adjustable back pressure

Luigi Garzone /

I just got my side bleed estoril from treats and it comes with 3 bolts to adjust the amount of back pressure.

One bolt has no hole, one has a small hole and one has a larger hole. I haven't had enough time to ride a lot on each bolt setting so I just wanted some info. How does back pressure affect the pipe? Does it just change when the powerband kicks in or should I see differences in speed with each setting?

Re: adjustable back pressure

A sidebleed in general has more back pressure than a rear bleed. It also retains more heat. The rear bleed bolts are an attempt to find a happy medium between the sidebleed that does not lose as much of the pressure wave through the back, and the rear bleed that does not choke the engine at higher rpm.

Basically the larger hole will have more high rpm potential and less low, and vice versa for the full plug. It will not be drastic though.

Seriously? Just swap the bolt out. Dammit why does everyone want the answer from a click/swipe on the internet. Wrench and ride man, that's what makes this game fun.

Luigi Garzone /

I wanna know the science behind it! I swapped the bolts out but now i'm away from my bikes for a week so if i can't ride at least i can read

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

You bought the haft-ass clone deal with it.

Pablo Puchasso /

LOL. Just noticed Wayne's new screen name... guess Tomahawk is the latest one to piss him off...

tune them stinger lengths and diameters. it woulda been cool if they did it like that with tubes welded to the bolts and a properly lengthened sidebleed stinger.

maybe he recieved poor service at a high end french restaurant?

when i give massages i try to use firm back pressure, but not too hard. You can feel when the tight muscles begin to yield, don't go that far or it becomes painful.

back pressure is very important to a successful marriage.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Graham Motzing Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> maybe he recieved poor service at a high end

> french restaurant?

>

> when i give massages i try to use firm back

> pressure, but not too hard. You can feel when the

> tight muscles begin to yield, don't go that far or

> it becomes painful.

>

> back pressure is very important to a successful

> marriage.

Till the gastro ingus bypass opens.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

alright gurus. since you are all here and obviously bored.

what is the actual ideal backpressure for a 49cc, 64cc, 70cc. across the power band, on a straight bleed and a side bleed?

if you know. i was thinking one way release valves set to relieve overpressure. i had an 8lb pull spring holding an italian slip on a d crank sachs stock and it would hit the pipe and get a huge boost after WOT when the backwave hit on a airbox/boost bottle causing the expansion chamber moving back an inch and letting extra pressure out of the leak around the headerpipe joint.

Ghetto-Tek TM.

Graham Motzing Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> when i give massages i try to use firm back

> pressure, but not too hard. You can feel when the

> tight muscles begin to yield, don't go that far or

> it becomes painful.

>

> back pressure is very important to a successful

> marriage.

Best advice on ma. Also she will usually tell you when its too much back pressure.

in the simplest terms, fresh charge blowing out the exhaust, to back flowing the transfers is some of what backpressure affects.

that's not getting into temps, or pressures.

experiment.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account