TP for my bing hole

I bored a bing out to 14 mm to accommodate the 14mm intake on my motto guzzi. It's uber rich at idle. So I'm thinking drill a hole or make a notch somewhere so it can breath at idle.

Where?

It runs fine otherwise. Little rich up top just when I want it. Anyways thoughts, comments and personal experiences anyone?

Oh and the float needle doesn't leak.

Re: TP for my bing hole

Overpriced Parts /

Square bing or round ?

Overpriced Parts /

If round slide put holes in the slide high up so when the throttle is opened they are blocked so just used at idle. start at 3/16 and make bigger if needed because the spring blocks the holes some (edited)

image.jpg
image.jpg

It's a round! Thanks so much nailed it! Well see what that does

sookia sookia /

follow up after the you drill the hole!

It's gonna be a while. Changed out the crap tranny fluid with the correct oil and rode it for a good hour. Next day it's super lean and smoking like crazy. think I ate a crank seal. Went up 8 jet sizes and its still lean up top. This is after i did all the obvious and cleaned the carb checked for air leaks etc. Gonna make a new thread on that issue before I mess with the carb.

Bummin. : (

Old seal is out. Just ordered a new one.

blarga flarga /

I did this on mine and it performs fantastically. Now I can be rich up top, and not bog out when slowing down

Drilling out bing slide for leaner idle

Where's my water? /

I'm just gonna add some search keywords to my post because It took me forever to find the thread again after stumbling across it a few days ago... maybe it'll be easier for other people to find the info.

It just so happens that I have to do exactly this to my new 15mm clone carb.

drill drilling hole slide bing carb carburetor lean rich idle lowend low end bog

Also, 3/16 seems way big

Where's my water? /

did you mean 3/32? I'm holding a 3/32 bit in my hands right now, and it looks like that's the same size as the hole in your picture; 3/16 is like a quarter of the entire diameter of the slide...

Overpriced Parts /

I meant you could go up to as big as 3/16 start at 3/32

Where's my water? /

gotcha. I started at 3/32 and I'm gonna stay there for now, it made a significant difference for me, so super thanks for the pics, btw :)

I ended up tearing down the whole engine replacing all the seals and gaskets. Couldn't afford bearings this week but it wasn't hard to do anyway so next time.

Anyways.... I started over with adjusting everything because it had a bad seal. I spent some time finding the sweet spot with the jetting and slide and bam it idles fine now. Doesn't need the hole. Actually kind let down that I didn't get to try it. Whatever.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account