increase low end/acceleration

wilfrin hiciano /

i have an 87 daelim trac olympic with a 15mm aha 68 jet. tops out at about 30-32mph but would like to go about 40. low end picks up really slow. i literally have to push it to get it going. the sprocket setup i have now is 12 in front 42 in rear. front sprocket is welded on so nothing i can do there. anything i can do to increase low end?

Re: increase low end/acceleration

12 x 42 =3.5:1. go lower 12x48= 4:1. You will lose some top end the lower you go but pick up quicker. Simple stuff , wheel bearings clean , greased and tensioned correctly, chain not to tight, air pressure 36psi? . Read this Fred's Guide from here. . http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Category:For_Newbies

Overpriced Parts /

Tune your carb better or put correct carb and airbox on .

If you changed the air/fuel mix from stock and or have low vacuum at slow speeds with larger 15mm carb even if it is perfectly jetted then you need to go back to stock especially complete airbox especially if you're running the stock pipe.

Air in = air out

wilfrin hiciano /

thank you steve. i think i have to grease my bearings because the bike decelerates almost as if it is being applied brakes when throttle is of.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account