Exhaust question

Elliot Craig /

Just cleaned my tecnigas next performance pipe, and looked at the baffle. The material in the baffle (fiberglass?) is completely gooped up as it has been running for 2 1/2 years now never cleaned. was thinking about running to a local motorcycle shop and seeing if they sell the material for repacking, if not, would running it without the material harm my moped in any form?

Also could I just clean the packing and re use it? if so what would you recommend I use to clean it with?

Re: Exhaust question

Yes it could actually. The loss of packing will not only make the bike quite loud, but it will change your jetting. Why would you bother to take the packing out if you do not have new material? Being dirty makes no difference. unless it is completely saturated in oil and unable to absorb incoming sound waves. Even then, it's better than none as it will goop up the baffle area pretty badly.

Elliot Craig /

Word, I will reuse it until i get new material to pack it. Thanks a lot for the info.

treats sells packing.

loosely pack it and it will be quieter...

Most power-sports shops will have it too. It comes in a roll.

Elliot Craig /

Got some at a place called team power sports, got a huge bag for 8 bucks, enough to pack 3 times. Thanks for the info.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account