TOMOS GURU NEEDED. Too much power or A poor clutch bell? Help

I was wondering anyone happen to know any Tomos Guru's. I've recently rebuilt my Tomos A35 motor and heavily modified it. It produces much more power then the stock set up. An issue i seem to be running into is that the bearing in the clutch side case keeps falling apart due to either the amount power or potentially I have a slightly off balanced clutch bell. Have you or anyone that you've know encountered a similar problem like this and if so is there any modifications that i can make to reinforce or totally bypass this issue.

Best,

Mike* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing

Re: TOMOS GURU NEEDED. Too much power or A poor clutch bell? Help

You could set up a dial indicator to test the amount of run-out on the end of the crankshaft.

Talked to Mike on facebook a bit and suggested he remove all the shims and use some solder to measure his gap. I bet it's way too tight.

solder is way too stiff to check bearing clearances, the bearings/cases, etc will all stretch and move around.

just go to the auto parts store and buy the damn plastigauge for like 2 dollars and do it right.

your clutch cover is correctly dowel pinned right?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account