No Power

I just rebuilt my e50 and I've got it running and idling again, but when you go to takeoff it has little to no power and when you give it more gas it starts to bog down and stop moving. I'm not sure where to start first.

Re: No Power

Most likely an air leak, or perhaps your timing is off or your points are not opening enough.

Overpriced Parts /

And or Air/fuel mixture off because jetting could be off or you don't have airbox or filter on

I tightened my carb and exhaust ports up and it made a small difference. I know i need to jet a little higher because of the new exhaust, and airfilter. I'll try rejetting and check the timing, and the points thanks.

Matt Mahloch -- MBM Customs /

What did you do to rebuild it?

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Full list of parts and what you did.

If its bogging down, its most likely starving for fuel. When you say bog down and stop moving, does the bike shut off?

Check the easiest and most obvious things first. Check the fuel flow from the petcock, make sure inline fuel filter (if you have one) is not clogged, needle and main jets not clogged. then check for air leaks with brake cleaner or carburetor cleaner.

I just had to replace a seal on my Maxi which caused a huge air leak. Idled perfectly but if you gave it more than 1/4 throttle it would sputter and run like shit.

Good luck

Had that problem too.

Advanced the timing some. Woke that mother UP.

I checked all over that bike ..had no idea timing acts that way.

I did my timing the best i could with a piston stop off of the wiki and up jetted to a 78. I have a e50 I bought the bing metal high flow airfilter, a chrome boss exhaust, a new top end https://www.treatland.tv/puch-50cc-cylinder-treat-kit-version-1-p/puch-treat-kit-50cc-the-people.htm , and new bearings and seals for the bottom end. I was running a stock 64 jet when I posted this, when i up jetted after I screwed with the timing the power issue seemed resolved i just couldn't keep the bike idling no matter how I turned the screw, but I took it down the road anyway to see if that was the power problem, and the power was back and i was easily hitting the 30's and the bike kinda backfired and now I can't keep the bike running now it starts but seems to lose gas and die.

How much break in time ? Try bigger jet , backfiring is usually timing. After that check for leaks and head torque.

Brand new cylinder

Might run better after rings seal.

I found the problem I seized the top end...

Oh well don't do that :-)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account