reed valves make tuning easy?

E Tangert /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

has a puch maxi w/ Athena 70cc 20phbg (2cycle atomizer&bushing) 77 main w9 needle and 40 slide high flow filter and shitty rpm limiting boss pipe. can pull the choke at any throttle position at any rpm and get sputter. just finished a safari with polini 80 on the v1 with a mid/hi rpm zen pipe. 21 phbg (2cycle atomizer&bushing) 80 main 40 slide went from w7 to w9 needle and still have filthy rich first 1/4 throttle like pull the choke it stops combustion all together. after 1/4 throttle you can pull tht choke all day makes no difference at all still screaming. doesn't really seem to matter high or low rpm just anymore that 1/4 throttle it leans out. leans out a lot it seems like. higher main jet would flood light throttle more or no? I wanna try my 85main next. this have to do with being piston port??? im not sure what different atomizers do for carb function either.. I probably shouldnt compare but im wondering why 80main jet seems small on the v1 but 77main is plenty for the athena e50. the puch is just so even across the board this mofo needs boosts here and cuts there.. p ports always so whacky since intake charge is constantly back and forthing?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account