puch maxi cylinders

going to buy a new cylinder next week and would like some opinions.

never had to buy a new cylinder because i always had a good one on my maxi which got my to around 40mph (the speed im going for). that cylinder is busted tho, and the one i have on it now struggles to get me to 30mph (it was already pretty shady when i put it on)

ik kbow speed comes down to more then a cylinder, but the main thing i want to know is what the quality is.

these are the three within my 50 euro pricerange im looking at:

http://www.jmpbparts.com/puch/engine-parts/cylindres/airsal-50cc-cilinder-maxi.html

http://www.jmpbparts.com/puch/engine-parts/cylindres/cilinder-6-poorts-50cc-maxi-dmp.html

http://www.jmpbparts.com/puch/engine-parts/cylindres/power-one-50cc-maxi.html

Any thoughts?

Re: puch maxi cylinders

That airsal 50 has spacing issues that can easily be fix. Just a heads up.

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Overpriced Parts /

Power one and dmp look the same

They have boost ports.

You want a cylinder with boost ports/6 ports for they are way faster

I'd go for the dmp 6 port

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Your stock cylinder had conservative timing compared to some of these. With the more advanced timing of some new ones you will have to gear down and ride around at higher rpm. Unless you can compare the timings on these I would just find a good original used cylinder and widen the exhaust port a little. The originals are of very high quality. Many U.S. mopeders have been frustrated with the lack of power at low rpm some of these 50cc aftermarket cylinders produce

Re: puch maxi cylinders

dmp are newer versions of k-star, and from what i remember that wasnt the best brand so to say, but then again, never having to buy a cylinder before i never really paid much attention to what are good cylinders before

Re: puch maxi cylinders

i have a bunch of stock cylinders, but most of the have been trashed over the years and i dont have any matching pistons anymore.

as im getting a nice paycheck next week i thought it would be better to just buy a new set.

i am also going to change sprockets as i dont want it to go too fast (with the nasty cop problems around here)

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Overpriced Parts /

Flagrant - Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Your stock cylinder had conservative timing

> compared to some of these. With the more advanced

> timing of some new ones you will have to gear down

> and ride around at higher rpm. Unless you can

> compare the timings on these I would just find a

> good original used cylinder and widen the exhaust

> port a little. The originals are of very high

> quality. Many U.S. mopeders have been frustrated

> with the lack of power at low rpm some of these

> 50cc aftermarket cylinders produce

I don't know what you mean the dmp or new style tccd 50cc kits are faster and have more low end then a stock 2hp cylinder but I don't know about faster better low end then supermaxi cylinder tho.

Ya a Kstar 50cc don't have much in the lowend department but with a circuit pipe it's not horrible

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Overpriced Parts /

Bas Autowas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i have a bunch of stock cylinders, but most of the

> have been trashed over the years and i dont have

> any matching pistons anymore.

> as im getting a nice paycheck next week i thought

> it would be better to just buy a new set.

> i am also going to change sprockets as i dont want

> it to go too fast (with the nasty cop problems

> around here)

Do the cops where you live have portable Dyno machines to test your bike to see your over the limit of power and speed like they show on YouTube videos

Re: puch maxi cylinders

yep, used to test power, now its only speed i think. got a steady 25mph on one abput 3 weeks back.

only good thing is that cops only know how scooters work so they rarely hit top speed on a moped. friend of mine i was riding with has a yamaha fs1 4 speed with a fresh 60 cc and they also only got 25mph. did get to see 2 scooters get taken away to be destroyed, which was good.

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Overpriced Parts /

Bas Autowas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> yep, used to test power, now its only speed i

> think. got a steady 25mph on one abput 3 weeks

> back.

> only good thing is that cops only know how

> scooters work so they rarely hit top speed on a

> moped. friend of mine i was riding with has a

> yamaha fs1 4 speed with a fresh 60 cc and they

> also only got 25mph. did get to see 2 scooters get

> taken away to be destroyed, which was good.

Wait! What! They take take away and destroy bike if it goes over 25 mph?

What kind Gestapo police action is that ?

I don't care for China scooters but for them and other bikes to be impounded and destroyed for going a little faster is like being in a Communist bloc country.

Glad I'm in the United States of America home of the free, at least its kinda free and ya only for a while longer probably anyway ha ha.

Wow still can't believe it.

They would destroy a yamaha fizzy if it went too fast?

My friend lived/lives has dual citizenship in state of/in Columbia and they recently destroyed/removed from service most all two stroke motorbikes in the his state because of smoke emissions. Two-stroke engine powered bikes, cars whatever are banned.

He is going back there for good in the fall with a container of his belongings. He is not sure if his derbi motorcycle is still in storage there or taken away. He cannot bring back a moped, a part of a moped or part of a two-stroke engine because his whole container will be confiscated if he does.

I hope to hold on to my kitted and stock puch mopeds at least until all the crude oil runs out.

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Didn't know that about the "new" 50cc TCCD Ken. The old ones were some of the worse offenders of low end. Get one of those then. But if you can only do 25 speed you could throw anything on there.

Re: puch maxi cylinders

they just passed a new law that if your bike goes too fast it gets destroyed, i think they do that if it can go over 70kmh (you do the math, its shitty early) the fs1 of my friend can do about 80kmh, but luckily cops cant shift gears.

you do see a lot less dyno's these days, used to get pulled over on a weekly basis.

also possibly getting a ZA50 somewhere in the next few months, but cylinders for the e50 are the same as the za50 right? (edited)

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Correct, both are same....

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Overpriced Parts /

Horrible dumb law that many vintage bikes could be destroyed because of it.

Protest that law.

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Yeah this makes me glad to live in the US! Where I am at the law doesn't even require pedals nor a moped/motorcycle license to ride.

The law only states that the moped has to be under 50cc and not exceed 30-35mph.

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Ken Roff Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Horrible dumb law that many vintage bikes could be

> destroyed because of it.

> Protest that law.

protests dont work in holland, all these gestapo tactics and laws are made because scooters cause lots of nuisance and the government doesnt see the diffirence between scooters and mopeds.

your moped is less likely to be destroyed tho, because most cops used to drive mopeds and know scooters are really the only problem.

Re: puch maxi cylinders

ordered the power one cylinder (and a bunch of random things) yesterday, just arrived. time for some wrenching

Re: puch maxi cylinders

the powerone works like a charm, havent got everything properly set up but hit 45mph yesterday.

Re: puch maxi cylinders

It's even UNDER your price range. best all around kit in my opinion. http://www.jmpbparts.com/puch/engine-parts/cylindres/airsal-70cc-cilinder-maxi.html

Re: puch maxi cylinders

Already bought the powerone cylinder, 70cc is a bit too much here in holland. Being able to go 45 mph might already get my moped destroyed when i get pulled over

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account