Anyone Running a Pietcard Setup in a Tomos A3?

There was some discussion on MA years ago about this, but wondering if anyone has had success running this 3003/03 Pietcard box on an A3:

https://www.treatland.tv/pietcard-CDI-internal-coil-03-ducati-CEV-bosch-p/pietcard-cdi-03.htm

I imagine that a 2013 box would be what you want as well.

Re: Anyone Running a Pietcard Setup in a Tomos A3?

a3's had like 3 different sizes of flywheel so, yeah.

that one would probably work with the baby flywheel, you could flip a 3055 for the bosch flywheel... no idea what the iskra flywheel would run, probably a 3055.

if you don't have the bosch flywheel i'd probably get one of those and use that.

If you have the small coils.. measure, like ducati or the cev small magnetos. green spins like the garelli noi direction and yellow spins the minarelli v's direction but you can flip any of them to work with this and that. when you install it .. check it with a drill and the sparkplug out of the head so you can spin too see the timing marks, where this and that are firing. your timing marks. (edited)

Your points work, man up and clean them, stop looking for a cdi when it isn't needed

I have an a35 WITHOUT cdi, but am considering this internal CDI as an option so I can make use of the pietcard 2041 box I was given instead of letting it go to waste.

Sounds pretty straight forward, just take off the points and condenser, bolt this bad guy on, wire to cdi box and go. Any reason someone can talk me out of this?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account