4 stroking freespirit

Michael Coonan /

Set up:

Stock cylinder with milled head

14mm carb, 74 main, 51 slide (no mod) idles good, 2 ring needle on the leanest setting, 2.22 atomizer

K and n type filter

Biturbo exhaust

Main is good with good plug chops. Runs about 35-37 wot. My problem is 1/2-3/4 throttle has slight 4 stroke. Still accelerates strong and actually wants to go faster in the mentioned throttle positions. I ride in an area where I have to go at 25 mph and 4 strokes the whole time. I took the filter off and it still 4 strokes.

Should I get a 2.17 atomizer? Different needle? Is this maybe normal due to the pipe? What am I missing?

Re: 4 stroking freespirit

Brent Bublitz /

3/4 is right where the needle stops being a factor. You might have a lean spot in there. No idea how to solve it though. My E50 has a similar dead spot, although I really have to feel for it.

Michael Coonan /

I don't think it's lean. I tried to move the clip down on the needle and the 4 stroking is slightly worse. So it must be rich until the main kicks in.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

2:19 / 2:17

Brent Bublitz /

Better rich than lean. Mine feels lean, but only at one particular spot. Nice power on either side. Have to figure that one out.

Michael Coonan /

What the fuck! I can't upload a video of it!

74 is a little on the big side...but it's up to you...

Michael Coonan /

72 won't run. Lean bog at wot.

Brent Bublitz /

Michael Coonan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 72 won't run. Lean bog at wot.

Then try a 76. You should upjet until you 4 stroke at WOT, then tune 3/4 throttle and below.

Michael Coonan /

I'll give it a try. I don't see how a larger main will lean me out on the needle. I'm not being a smart ass, I just thought I had this jetting thing figured out.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account