Re: Idle issues with kstar and SHA on Maxi

Cody O'Sullivan /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

This morning I threw in a 64 jet and got the ped idling decently enough to take a very unsafe test drive down my block (only the right side pedal and no chain tensioner). I had to brake and give a tiny bit of throttle to keep her alive at standstills, but she was pulling pretty good (according to my limited ped experience).

I have blue clutch springs so I'll put those in soon, and then I may have a better chance of tuning. Jet up to 4 stroking and then back off, hopefully keeping her from running lean at WOT. I suspect I'll have to take you guys' advice and notch the slide in order to get her really dialed in.

I haven't really checked this out yet, but do people shorten their pedal chain and run without a tensioner? Based on geometry the pedal chain has a smaller change in center-center distance with swing arm motion than the actual drive chain, which doesn't have a tensioner...

Unfortunately thunderstorms have put a damper on my day here in Boston but I got my first miles (err, yards) in today so I'm stoked!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account