Re: Hobbity Circuits (I don't know)

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

Hey that worked. Thanks, Steve.

What size is your(square) drive cable? Speedometer cables are a mystery to me , I have three(Huret,Motobacane) ,and a cable (2.5mm) but don't know what brand drive fits them. They, inside same brand are different size cables.

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

You know I don't really know. It's whatever's on the treats website. I had a spare. I should order another since I'm now using my spare.

If you can get replacements it doesn't matter , I was just curious Treats is great but sometimes you need to know what you really need and they don't. I have a moped that is USA factory made, uses parts from all over Europe and parts are a mystery if they don't have a brand name on them..

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

DPC Ryan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Unrelated note: I bet you are one seriously fun

> drunk.

She's allright, LOL

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

Lol. The big mistake that night was not eating anything all day (or drinking any water), then stalling out and pedalling to your house. I was pretty sure I was going to die.

I AM A DELICATE FLOWER.

CW: Yep. Those are circuits.

Don't bother with the 780x series, though. Those transistors are hella inefficient and put out a crapton of heat. Do a google search for alternatives and you'll come across some more efficient ones.

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

And theirs a shit ton of parts just down the road.

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

I hope no one thought I was getting normal...

yeah this shit is getting weirder than I really anticipated.

here's the cdi alternator modified with the additional wires, I also beefed up the ground wire and resoldered the cdi ignition wire and changed the brown wire to the yellow wire to match the cdi schematic color scheme. (yes I'm that anal)

I also made all the connectors and wired it up to my power box. I'm just gonna call it a power box now. power box.

... here's my bench... I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore. it's pretty upsetting. yeah, it's pretty blurry. but that's a hobbit engine mounted on my desk. full setup. carb, new alternator, exhaust, ignition coil, cdi, and power box. it's all wired together. plus a test load and multimeter for accurate dc measurements.

you'll kindly observe the floating gas tank mounted on my tool board. yeah. that's happening right now. it had to go somewhere.

a closeup of my rat's nest of wiring.

you can see that there are

a) a lot of wires

b) they are everywhere

c) they all come from one point in the engine

d) it's confusing

I don't know how it's supposed to work but I'm 100% sure I connected everything ok.

so how did it work?

well I have neighbors and it's too late to run an engine on my desk. and I need a long enough fuel line to reach my floaty tank and the engine.

so guess we'll find out later

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

and changed the brown wire to the yellow wire to match the cdi schematic color scheme. (yes I'm that anal)

..................... I do that too!

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

And it works. The big light is the DC light and load for the multimetre. You can see it being bright and awesome.

When I rev up past 12v (which only takes a small touch and I hit it immediately) it stops at 12.01. Perfect. That's a 1% tolerance level right there.

Consider the circuit a success.

Video here:

video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/24HVljdYD3o

(edited)

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

Gromosaurus Rex - Brad Pitt /

I dont know what any of this means. And i dont know if you would be a fun drunk, but with all this talk about science and mopeds and mopeds and science and things....I think you sound hot.

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

I'm better on the internet.

haven't tested the hobbit circuits anymore, think I'mma wait for Neil to swing by and I'll bolt everything on his moped and make him test it.

also, the only thing hot about me is how hot my engine is after I've been ridin. :(

Impressive but you should use a tripod, when were you promoted from Muse to Wizard?

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

huh? what are you talking about?

Didn't you used to just be the Muse? I am joking . (edited)

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

Oh shit. I guess I changed my last name when I was drinking. lol I didn't even notice.

That's how shit should happen.

There's your sign. Bunny.

Neil Burgess /

We should bolt it all on your moped to test! That's where it supposed to go anyways right!

#CrazyWayne #CrazyWayneRocks /

I'm bumping this thread in hopes it will stop some of the retarded questions from the noobs.

DrGeorgeTompson (Alan) /

> Dlanod Cixelsyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm bumping this thread in hopes it will stop some of the retarded

> questions from the noobs.

Wayne, is that you?

What happened to Julie? She was at it so hard and then she put on the disappearing cloak

Someone stole her Hobbit and she got pretty bummed about it and pretty much just gave up on the moped life.

I do talk to her from time to time on Skype we should all like pitch in and get her another Hobbit she did a lot for the moped community.

She also moved to an area where storage of the bike and ease of working on it were more difficult. Life gets in the way. My bike is in a closet in my hallway after being moved from the living room in a 2nd floor apartment, so I can attest.

Julie the Wizard /
muse OP

Police never found my bike. I also (no offense to mosquito fleet or the mopedders up here) fucking hate riding in Washington. Too much rain, too high speed limits, all the cagers are idiots, the roads suck, and it's a billion miles to anything.

I have the parts for a hobbit in my storage closet, I won't live here forever. When I leave I'll go back into mopeds.

Love you dumb moped nerds, keep putt-putting.

Well if you ever get down here to California I've got a hobbit you can blast 60 on.

Sounds like you need that moped smile from riding one.

Can you post the VIN number of your moped so we can keep an eye out.

I have a sweet one hundred percent stock Hobbit to if you want to just Cruise.

IMG_20170520_221714.jpg
IMG_20170520_221714.jpg

(edited)

This thread is great, but the ending (so far) is kinda sad, and anti-climatic.

first i've heard of Eagle

but i can recommend Fritzing

just no sparkplug.

Edit: Eagle = $100.00 /year (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account