Trailtech Temp Guage - TTV vs TTO

I have heard that the TTO temp sensor on treatland is kinda shitty and doesn't last long. Anyone know what improvements have been made in the TTV model ? Or maybe when they will be available? I have never bought a temp guage so a little in the dark but it doesn't seem like you have a whole lot of options.

Has anyone made their own temp sensor?

Re: Trailtech Temp Guage - TTV vs TTO

TTo is OK for 2 to 3 years and then the batt runs dry. I have a friend who rode to Prudoe Bay AK from Seattle with a infra-red temp sensor taped so it pointed at his cylinder head on a Yam QT

The TTV looks like it has a back light (vs. no back light),the button is on top (vs. on the bottom), and it can be hooked up to an external power source (vs. battery only).

The jankiness of the OG TTO is really in the sensor, which appears to be the same for both kits. The glue on the spark plug end sucks and the copper is...copper...aka extremely malleable aka it can get damaged very easily.

Oh and lookie here, I think I've nailed it:

http://www.trailtech.net/digital-gauges/ttv

Nice, I didnt find that landing page. Thanks Derek

The external power connetion will be for the backlight only just as it is on the vapor. The gauge is still battery powered and doesn't charge.

Cool, all three features (external power, backlight, easily accessible button) are great improvements it was seriously lacking.

Stephanie Rose /

Trail tech is good about replacing the tto if it breaks etc.

why do they even say its battery powered. it says to run if teh battery gets low or dies. why would i want to backlit a pioece of shit? a dead temp gauge not doing nothing? its like setting fire to a dead body. WHO CARES>

Because it is battery powered. The backlight is not.

matt boda1nz /

Just when I take all that damn time.. haha

(edited)

tmp_IMG_20140416_200538_793514556185.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account