Tomos cutting out at high rpms?

So I just went on my first long ride (15 miles) and I noticed that once I'm over 30 and I give it full throttle, rpms increase but it cuts out as it increases, almost like the spark isn't there. When I hold it full throttle (41-43) it cuts out pretty bad, like its not getting enough fuel or the spark isn't firing. My cruising speed in 2nd is 37, but my top speed is only 43. I have an A3, kitted, mikuni vm20, homoet, and 175 jet. When I tried the 155 jet, it was much worse and cut out more. Maybe its too lean? It seems like most with my set up are running a 170 or under.

Re: Tomos cutting out at high rpms?

I just checked my plug after a ride and it is a white/brown color, and completely dry. I am thinking I'm running too lean

175 is on the high side , you may want to check for air leaks

I have an air leak at the intake. I'm gonna fix that and then we'll see

I was having a similar problem on the same setup. i think it might be my cdi setup so i'm putting on a treats za50 cdi kit with a pietcard 2041 so it will auto advance/retard. also i realized my gearing was wayyyy too limited.

post your updates and i'll do the same

Okay cool, I'll let you know

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account