Air leak for honda hobbit clone

My name is Gabe, I'm 16 years old and im what you refer to as a moped gromy in a sence. I recently had purchased a 85 honda hobbit clone called a Jialing, I've been riding it for some time now and have added a couple racing parts to somewhat beef it up as you would say, I have a dr kit, stuffy racing crankshaft , HPI CDI, MLM Peoples sidebleed pipe, Dellorto 21mm Racing edition carb with a 90 jetting i believe and a dio 4 pedal reed block with trickmetric spacer. Ive been experiencing bad air leakage around the head and decomp area and when i spray with carb cleaner the bike dies almost instantly, so I took my head off and put two head gaskets on hoping that would solve the problem and it helped but very little, I then sprayed carb cleaner by the decomp and it also died there almost instantly as well, so i took my head of took apart the decomp valve and filled it with jb weld very flushly, stuck it back on and am still experiencing a bad air leakage and i cant ride without it going past 410 degrees with only 5 to 10 minutes on the bike, any help is greatly accepted, thank you.

Re: Air leak for honda hobbit clone

Accidently posted here. sorry.

could have a warped head or cylinder surface , once procedure is to attach sand paper to think glass using adhesive and rotate the head in a figure 8 pattern to make it flat , only slide effect is a sight rise in head temp and more performance if tuned correctly to utilize higher compression

Find a machinist who can mate the two surfaces. There is a small engine shop near you that advertises somewhere on the Internet to do even reboring kits. What you have requires either the sanding on the flat glass or a lathe. A lathe will be the way the experts do things if they have the equipment. The experienced can do it on glass by hand.

Marc Friedman Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The experienced can do it on glass by hand.

It ain't rocket science man

I managed it with a couple different grits of paper and a glass table on my patio. Head and cylinder took about 10min total. It is very clear to see what parts need work and also when you are finished.

Thank you all very much, I will follow all procedures previously stated.

Mars I remember 7 the grade wood shop. We had to make this stupid pos bookcase and had to plane the sides to the teachers satisfaction. Some Peeps it was easy and others the more they planed the wackier it got. So yea I always say easy for you! Even if I can do it. I'm sure you can level your f250 warped heads with the right piece of flat glass and the right grit....but just sayin

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account