tomos a3 bog

Hey guys,

I have an a3 bullet with a 15.15 dellorto carb and a techno boss pipe. I put 57 jet in yesterday, as well as 28:22 gearing instead of 26:24 and it made big difference in the performance 23mph to 30mph but something does not seem right when I give it full throttle. It still bogs a ton, I think it mitt be the timing but I'm not sure. What do you guys think

Re: tomos a3 bog

jets is to small. Try something around a 62

He had a 62 in yesterday and it topped out at 32.6..... Shouldn't it be faster than that with this set up? Like around 40?

stock A3 engine? nah. 33 mph for days. put an A35 cylinder on it to go faster. use A3 piston and cut holes in A3 piston to match A35 piston. (edited)

Yeah stock a3 with a dellorto 15 and a techno boss pipe

What year and 'model type' is it..? There's a lot of variations of A3s..

(ex. SP, GM, SL) and they are rated for different speeds from 30,25, down to 20mph stock

idk about cutting holes, but there are threads on 'trimming the piston skirt' (the length of the piston effecting the speed along with the number of teeth on the sprockets and something else..hmm, there is a wiki article on this too

It's a 1984 tomos bullet a3.

That's still not specific enough... There's many different off-shoots of the Tomos Bullet.. especially as the years go up.. though most of the other ones were floating around in European countries but still,

Rob GasketFace /

I don't think you should expect to hit 40 with that setup. I have a similar setup, but with a 70cc kit on my A3 and I top out at around 43.

I think he meant 50mph ^ .. I probably top out at round 45 with 70cc and just the stock 14.12 Del carb

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account