Vespa Cylinder Hat Solutions

Dirty30 Dillon /

I have a few ciao motors that are devoid of a method for remounting the air funnel/guide/hat that directs air over the top and back side of the cylinder.

How are you vespa gents rigging yours up? I could just squish it between the sub and the cylinder head, but I'd rather not lose it on the road.

Re: Vespa Cylinder Hat Solutions

there are some cylinders that came with little metal spring clips that jam down into the fins...

no idea what bikes had/didn't have them, but find one of those.

Dirty30 Dillon /

The oddity is that 0 of the 5 Vespa motors currently in my possession have that clip... but the one shitty Ciao my buddy has has it.

Guess I'll be rooting through some body panel/trim clip bins for a hackers 4-leaf.

I hoard those clips.

I could mail you a clip and maybe an extra top shroud if I find that too. I also found a set of vespa fin dampeners. That's not related, I just got excited.

Dirty30 Dillon /

^^^

My hero, pm'ing currently

dang i got 2 or 3 of them, didn't know i was supposed to be hoarding them.. shit, better go dig them out of my garbage hardware bin and put them in my vespa hoarder stats bin.

drill a hole, then safety wire. some cylinders are cast where there is a connection between each fin. I used a paper clip looped into that cast part, then out and bent into the mount hole for the plastic guard. i never lost a shroud.

Get a metal shroud, they're heavier and you can hear them klinking down the road behind you when it falls off.

Dirty30 Dillon /

I got like three etal ones, but none came with the doodad/were cast mounts in the cylinder.

I don't wanna blow up the pinasco on that purdy Malossi RV I bought from you Brad.

Or the Mal43mm top end thats on the Orange ciao now...

Ive got a euro shroud that wraps around 3/4 the cylinder.. It'll probably stay on just fine with out the tab, if you want it..

Also if I make it to the ponies rally I wanna shred orange ciao!

the kinetic ones r metal and i like them.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Brad (ECWorrier) Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ive got a euro shroud that wraps around 3/4 the

> cylinder.. It'll probably stay on just fine with

> out the tab, if you want it..

> Also if I make it to the ponies rally I wanna

> shred orange ciao!

That sounds killer Brad, I'm definitely going to be Ponying up and I'll snag that.

Don't know if I'll have Orange Ciao ready to rally by then, I'll be in Utah for work until late Thursday night.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account