JAWA SUPREME 3 CARBURETOR PROBS.

HELLO ALL, FIRST POST! HAVE AN 1982 JAWA SUPREME 3 LET GAS SIT FOR A FEW YEARS WITH PREDICTABLE RESULTS, HAVE JUST FINISHED CLEANING FUEL SYSTEM AN STOCK CARB. STARTS FINE IDLES WELL NO LEAKS HOWEVER FULL THROTTLE IS THE PROBLEM REVS UP AND DOWN NOT STEADY IT USED TO RUN FINE HAS JUST OVER 600 MILES(SIX HUNDRED) SO NOT MUCH WEAR . I HAVEN'T READ ANY GOOD WORDS ABOUT THE JIKOV 2912dc CARB. AND I REALLY CLEANED IT WELL CHECKED FLOAT ADJUSTMENT, METERING NEEDLE ON SECOND NOTCH FROM TOP ALL JETS CLEANED AND BLOWN OUT WITH COMPRESSED AIR. ANY IDEAS ? DO YOU THING ITS A CANDIDATE FOR A CARBURETOR TRANSPLANT TO ANOTHER BRAND? IS THERE A GOOD INFO SOURCE ON DELLORTO CONVERSION? THANKS IN ADVANCE BOB.

downsized_0915031609.JPG

Re: JAWA SUPREME 3 CARBURETOR PROBS.

Turn off the caps lock.

Axldeziak . Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Turn off the caps lock.

Dude read the title he's got SUPREME PROBLEMS!

Well that just changes everything.

Read the wiki on Jawas. Sha 14.12 and a puch intake with the holes elongated. Don't waste your time with the stock carb.

But, build a 1/4" riser for between the stock intake riser and the intake itself. That way the bowl isn't a few mm's from sitting on the head. Be sure to cut new gaskets to go between everything.

Check for air leaks, then jet correctly.

Make sure your ignition is timed correctly before you do any of this though!

Thanks all for your time! I know even less about social media than I do about mopeds, but will look at "wiki"? tab for info on carb upgrade, I understand the modifications you mention, but is there a Puch part number I should seek? also I never messed with stock timing so is that ok? And jetting the new carb would the same sizes in there now be correct? (not looking to do wheelies if it ran like it used to I'd be happy) again thanks for your help!

PS found Puch info where you said to look thanks!

Jetting Depends on other mods on your bike and carb size.

Puch sha intake, dellorto sha 14.12, somewhere in the 50s for jetting.

Drill out the muffler cap as mentioned in the wiki. It'll help with power.

Here's the intake I used once. Just dremel the holes inward till it fits. Be carful because it gets thin.

https://www.treatland.tv/puch-dellorto-SHA-15mm-intake-p/puch-dellorto-sha-15mm-intake.htm

Carb will face forward, so use a stock style sha filter to prevent ram air effect.

I had a Supreme 3 and the stock Jicov carb was junk, replace the carb with something functional.

Ben, Max, just bought all that stuff you guys suggested, will let you know how it works out either way I thank you guys for your time and knowledge Bob.

Ah the sweet smell of 2 stroke success!? First of all thanks to everyone who replied to my problem! Your advise was on the money! That JIKOV carb I spent 3 days CLEANING is junk, Went to Treatland.tv totally screwed up my order which Benji at treat straightened out for me, then followed the advise on wiki and every thing else just went right back in place. Could NOT get it started for a while then it caught now runs fine NOW, only tried it once down the street last night was going 30+ MPH in the dark! think it will go faster! Only changes are a stack of 3 thick gaskets (till I make a metal riser) under the intake replaced studs with Allen- head bolts since after intake holes are moved closer no room for hex head nuts or bolts, the dellorto 15.15 is out of the box don't know what jets are in there (never want to see the inside of another carburetor)! It starts it idles it runs I'm good! I put some pics of project if you like to look. Again thanks all!!

Done!

CARB1.jpg
FINISHED1.jpg
STOCK PHENOLIC RISER.jpg

Looks good!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account