Tomos circuit pipe and air filter

mike rhatigan /

Upgrading my a35 to get more off the line....commute in Brooklyn traffic looking to get up to speed and merge into traffic easier....Based on my research and reading forums and wiki, Am looking at a curcuit pipe and an air cleaner upgrade....going to upjet and plug chop but am looking for some advice from someone with more experience rather than waste cash and too much time getting it right...so my questions are:

1. Any advice on air filter upgrade with circuit pipe for off the line acceleration ? Am running the stock carb pretty sure it's a SHA 14/12....

2. Any advice on new size of jet or jet range, think stock is 54.....

Re: Tomos circuit pipe and air filter

This pipe

and your stock air filter + airbox and a stock carb with a 60 jet is what you want. If you have the side intake that puts your carb outside the frame, you can run a different air filter and maybe a 62 jet. But the stock one works just fine.

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

yay phil!

mike rhatigan /

Ok thank you very much Phil for the info and Derek for the added support....I appreciate you both sharing your experience....thinking it's going to be 60 jet and the pipe, I'm

Going to do a plug chop/test but what are your feelings on sticking with stock plug....

***VANILLA BLUNDER*** /

b6hs is the only way to go.

mike rhatigan /

10.4 Thanks again...... ;) much appreciation

If you've got a CDI ignition (95 or newer Tomos) you should run BR6HS instead of B6HS. Not a big deal, but you should run the R plug in a bike with CDI.

mike rhatigan /

See that is one thing I haven't been able to figure out....am not sure what year my motor is... Bike is a 1988 bullet top tank that's had the original a3 swapped out with a35....someone told me that because of the angled head, it was the only year that it was made, but don't remember what he told me.... If it is points and I run the r plug it should still be ok right? Is there an easy way for me too look at it and tell Cdi or points, Been looking through wiki and forums for some direction on that but haven't found anything definitive....worst case I'll bring it by the local moped spot and try to find out, because I need to know.... :). Thanks again

Follow the sparkplug wire back to the coil. If it looks like this, you have a CDI

If it looks like this you have a points ignition. For all practical purposes, you can run the R plug regardless and be happy either way.

mike rhatigan /

Ok thank you again to help me out and sharing ;) Much appreciation..... I will post and let you know how the pipe n jet all works out....

mike rhatigan /

64 jet stock air filter with box/rubber boot removed...stuck a piece of uni foam into the rim around the tin fin stock filter thingy...advanced timing as far as plate would let me ... Like 2-2.5 btdc...b6sh resistor plug stock gearing of 22/26 runs around 300-350 wot ...got some more get up n go...still looking for more, mat experiment with gearing ang timing some more but may wind up with a kit next spring...got good mid pick up....thank you again for input ;)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account