Fitting Tomos pipe onto minarelli

Luigi Garzone /

Want to buy a circuit pipe for my minarelli but don't like the options that are available. I know that it is easy to modify the header bolts on a puch pipe to fir a minarelli but i'd rather stick to a right-side exhaust.

i like this tomos circuit but I can't tell if it uses an angled header or not - and i don't know if tomos pipes will work on a V1 either way.

Would buying this pipe be ok for a V1 or not worth the hassle? I'm trying to stick to treats or the buy/sell forum because i don't want to wait forever ordering from 1977

Re: Fitting Tomos pipe onto minarelli

it is easier to fit a puch circuit pipe, the bracket isnt going to be anywhere close on that pipe anyways. get a tomos estoril, its pretty easy to bend into shape with a vise and some heat. then just add a hole to the massive bracket.

I just added the very pipe you linked to a V1 today. Dremeled out the holes and it fit like a charm. It gets in the way of the kickstand and the mounting tab isn't anywhere close to the mount on the bike.

A little heat and bend action should take care of that tomorrow though.

Gave tons of pull as you'd suspect. I'm pulling 36 gps at the moment but I've still got some tuning to do. Bike is stock anywhere that would make any speed difference for reference.

If I could do it again I'd probably drop the extra money on the estoril. I'm happy with the purchase though. I'm guessing it'll do the job once I get tuned in and port this thing a little.

tomos estoril. best bang for the buck hands down.

Like “Funkenet” Hosfield /

I rode an estoril on my v1 for a while, they are great. Buy one. Amost as good as my EV turbo.

simon thokaar /

i did tomos estoril on my brn v1 kit.. headers lined right up, i had to bend the pipe a bit to use the back bracket and have room for my kickstand tho..

putting a tomos estoril on a general 5-star...

cut off the flange, cut the down portion shorter to tuck up better to the engine.

cut the small header and big header tubes apart and re-angled

cut the big header off the chamber and re-angled, and shortened slightly

cut off the entire motor mount and re welded

considering moving the silencer for a cleaner look and better buddy peg clearance, but not sure yet.

you can jank just about anything on there, or do a really nice job with an angle grinder, mig welder and about 2 hours.

i would not use that tomos tecno, puch is gonna be way easier or step up to a puch proma circuit and blast.

you guys are making this way too complicated to get the angle correct.

to get the correct angle all you have to do is cut a slit in the header at the middle of the bend on the inward part of it (facing "up"). cut halfway into the pipe. heat it up red hot with a torch and stand the pipe straight up. give it a few gentle taps on the flange with a mallet until the slit that you cut closes up. weld over it and you're good. it will take a LITTLE trial and error but i've done it more than once and it's the easiest way. fuck filling it with sand.

Ryan N. Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> you guys are making this way too complicated to

> get the angle correct.

>

> to get the correct angle all you have to do is cut

> a slit in the header at the middle of the bend on

> the inward part of it (facing "up"). cut halfway

> into the pipe. heat it up red hot with a torch

> and stand the pipe straight up. give it a few

> gentle taps on the flange with a mallet until the

> slit that you cut closes up. weld over it and

> you're good. it will take a LITTLE trial and

> error but i've done it more than once and it's the

> easiest way. fuck filling it with sand.

This x2. Or if you have an extra pair of hands, cut it clean off, bolt the header section to the cylinder, and have the other guy/gal hold the pipe up while you tack/weld it. You may have to make an exhaust bracket, but that's easy. Ryan is right, this is not that hard to do.

yeah, i make everything 10x harder than it needs to be...

the results are pretty fuckin dope though...

Luigi Garzone /

I like your idea Ryan I feel like I could manage that

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account