Re: Intake manifold

Larry Charrlin /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Not sure what the short "straight" intake is, unless that's the stock one for the Silver Bullet. But the new Airsal cylinder uses this manifold....pic attached. What I've done so far......cut the manifold in half, added a short rubber coupling to extend it and make it a little flexible, broke two fins off the cylinder so the petcock would fit. So now the 15.5 Dellorto fits with the float bowl resting on the engine case, the petcock nestled up against the cylinder, the stock air filter is butt up against the side cover mount and the pedals clear the carb with about 2mm of clearance. AND the distance from the petcock to the fuel inlet of the carb ( which is up against the frame) is about three inches and the inlet is approx 1/4 inch below the petcock so I hope fuel actually will flow.

Should have this running (ha ha) Friday.....but I also said that three weeks ago.

tomos-A35-15MM-stock-intake-3.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account