Why Ebr forks?

Whats so great about them. Everybody and their mama has them. Is it like a brand thing or does it add 10 mph. Lol somebody please school me. I searched and from it sound it's just for looks. Let me know

Re: Why Ebr forks?

They're cheap replacements.

https://www.treatland.tv/peugeot-hobbit-bravo-mbk-EBR-hydraulic-forks-p/ebr-black-hydro-220-26mm.htm

200 is not cheap

You can find originals all day on eBay to any bike for under a hundred

Eric Buell Racing!

ZOOM.

So the name like chip foose.

They're considerably better than most stock moped forks and are more or less bolt on.

Stephanie Rose /

Nonhydros are cheaper ... but the hydros are more expensive.. and you have to modify disc breaks sometimes and find a wheel that fits. They are better then stock forks a little though

Most EBR moped stuff is on the low-mid range. Their stock style forks start at around a hundred bucks. $244 is not unreasonable for brand new hydraulic forks.

not erik buell.

EBR Racing. Eric Buell Racing Racing? c'mon. use your brain.

http://www.ebrforks.com/

they're bolt on. that's why.

because most stock forks are simple thin-tubed, welded together, wonky, with just a spring on the inside and like an inch or two of travel. Something more substantial is required to handle a 150lb+ rider hitting bumps at 45+ for very long. EBRs go on fairly ez and even the cheap ones are pretty solid compared to most stockers. (edited)

I understand the bolt on. That's cool but what enhencement does it do like it just seems like a status . So I was hoping there was more to it than that

too fast for stock forks status.

it really depends on the bike duder. if you have a new tomos with hydros or a magnum mkII or something going to the cheap spring ebrs would be a downgrade, but on a maxi or ciao it's a big improvement. it's really not rocket science... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_(motorcycle) (edited)

Jesus, Jesus. Just fuck off if you don't understand how any two wheeled vehicle can benefit from better suspension components.

Okay so what about k-10 forks? The look tight.

Jesus Gomez Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Okay so what about k-10 forks? The look tight.

Many people here have made the mistake of buying those.

Okay micheal I'm on it. Well I was looking for suspension and I see all the hype about them so I was really interested . I searched but I was looking for like a solid good answer The k10 look good too so I'm gonna start comparing to see what I should get for my moby.

Why was it a mistake though ?

K10's are ancient old stock and can be tough to get parts for, the springs are said to be a little too soft although there was a guy making custom heavy duty springs. At one time they were cheap, but now they're $150.

Okay I can see that when I was looking on eBay. Thanks man. I'll keep that in mind

i like k10's. i got mine when they were 40$. they made my scary ass kitted maxi into a magic carpet ride. i got kx 80 forks to fit on a maxi and a magnum, but they are HUGE! any old small dirtbike/motorcycle forks can be made to fit.

people like ebr's cuz they're easy.

That's what I'm thinking too. I want to try something different too. I was gonna try an old springer front ends too.

K10s are heavy (edited)

There are so many dumb things in this thread...

i'm gonna weld up a leaf spring joint someday...

Amazing MIT. I love hogs like this

K-10s are 1 and a half pounds heavier than maxi forks

Really? They felt a lot heavier than that.

EBR = Plug and play decent* quality forks for 110 bucks. Nuff said.

For my moby, they are more than 120,k10 are 75$ cheaper. Plus I don't mind a little modifying if it mean better suspension. I think I worded this thread wrong. Plus I also get tired of seeing the same setup on every bike . Ebrs paloni/malassi kits . Mlm pipes. You know what I mean

Because they're what's available and they bolt up perfectly 99% of the time. They're better than the 30-year old stockers. And its mopeds...there are only so many options. Other than EBR you're basically stuck with dirtbike or small moto front ends that may or may not need modifying to fit.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account